Thread: Als scared and alone

Als scared and alone

So I have had health anxiety in the past and now I am facing a real health problem and have so much anxiety that I am having a hard time. I have atrophy, leg spasms, weakness in same leg, and hyper reflex in same leg....which are all symptoms of als! I am seeing a neuro tomorrow but have zero support system and I cannot stop crying. I don't want to leave my kids without a mom and all the anxiety I always had and am now facing a possible death sentence of two years. I am in the kids fathers house cause I needed him to help with the kids but he is rude and nasty to me. I literally have no one to talk to and am really about to have a break down.

Re: Als scared and alone

ALS, brain eating amoebas and things like fatal insomnia are some of the diseases that are the most irrational on the anxiety forums. The fear of leaving your loved ones is common on the boards. Worrying about this irrational fear essentially does that due to the worry and time you spend on the internet validating your fears. Are you getting help with your anxiety disorder?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have. I was seeing a therapist and anti anxiety meds but I these actual symptoms two months ago and took me on a spiral. The fact I can barely walk on my leg is scaring me even more than the atrophy in my foot and the spasms. I know how dealing with anxiety is, I have had it for as long as I know. But now I am potentially dealing with something serious, I don't know how to not be hyper anxiety.

Let us know what the neuro says!

Not to dismiss your fears as they are very real to you but you would be the first person diagnosed with ALS in the three years I've been on the boards. This is an anxiety forum and 99.9999% of the fears posted are just that... "fears". This is not to say that anxiety sufferers get ill, they do but, it's never what they fear the most.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-04-16 at 03:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

True or perceived weakness? Clinical weakness diagnosed by an MD?

how did your appointment with neuro go ?

let us know!

It is clinical weakness. And hyper reflexes. I have to get an emg and its a three week wait all while I feel no better that this is als. My leg and foot wont stop twitching and the Neuro confirmed my muscle loss in my foot. I am freaking out.

Thread Information