Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new on mirtrazapine heart effects?

Re: new on mirtrazapine heart effects?

thank u very much for this info gojng to try and forget out it hust difficult at mo anxiety so high x

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

I took the tablet last night and xalmed right down but iv woken really worried again x

You did it though, so you know you can. It's never easy starting on meds when you are afraid of them or their side effects. Taking the first step and then keeping going is an achievement!

I'm sure the people on here will support you, the Mirt crowd always seen very supportive to me.

thank u trying to not to panic but im getting severe body shocks can only presume from med change terrified it from heart or going to cause a fit or something

Brain zaps are common when withdrawing from things like SSRI's. I noticed you switched from Duloxetine, so I would imagine it will be one of that meds withdrawal symptoms since it certainly is for the other SNRI, Venlafaxine.

They are weird. I felt like it was a guitar string suddenly going TWANG inside my head very loudly!

this is like my whole body i just spoke to my mental health doctor who is now saying he thinks its the mirtazapine causing the zaps he also admitted that it can prolong qt so now im back to freaking out ridiculously

Hi, only just seen this thread but just want to say I hope you're doing OK tiredofthis...I know it can be so tough starting a new med but it is worth persevering if you can. And yes, do keep getting support here if it helps.

thank u im still really nervous about taking it due another one now kp putting it off once something in my head I just worry I hate new meds as it is even more so ince iv Googled and its told me something scary

Sometimes it helps to stay away from Google - we think it will help to know everything but it often makes it worse particularly as an anxious or depressed mind will often only connect with the negative things and all the positives slip away. It's like our brain is a sieve, anything nice slips through and we are left with the horrible lumps and think that's our reality, but it isn't.

Is the Mirt helping you to sleep? I hope you're able to pluck up the courage to take it...you've done so well to get this far and to override all the horrible scary thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis14 View Post
    this is like my whole body i just spoke to my mental health doctor who is now saying he thinks its the mirtazapine causing the zaps he also admitted that it can prolong qt so now im back to freaking out ridiculously
    Since the professional drug sources have made no mention of prolonging QT, I would disagree with them. And in the meds that do mention this effect, the advice is that people with the preexisting condition are those at risk, not the rest of us.

I took it again not really helping me sleep or my panic woke up instantly started worrying ; ( worried iv got dvt too from bein so inactive recently dbt not a new worry for me always worry I have it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information