Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian healing

Christian healing

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has been to christian healing and if so did it help. I have been considering it.

Re: Christian healing

Hi Jude Swan

I have been to Christian Healing, and I have a lot of prayer aimed in my direction from my church at the moment as well.

The bits that I got sorted there really did help, and I am going to go on a healing retreat once I am well enough to cope with the people there, as I have problems with people at the moment.

It depends a lot on how much you are willing to allow it to work. How much you are willing to let go of.

It really helped me to get to the root of some of the problems i've had, and helped me shed lots of tears which needed to go.

Did you have a specific retreat in mind? As there are several around.

Love and hugs

Freaky Chick

Hi Freakychick

I just noticed a poster in my own church that said "christian healing" Its available at a church down the road on a thursday morning 11-1pm. You have no idea what I am ready to let go off and how much I want it to work. Never heard of any retreats but contact me and let me know of any...I am in Glasgow

Hi Jude Swan

There are loads of retreats and training courses available. The nearest I can think to you in Glasgow would be Ellel.

I've been there several times on courses. They do courses you pay for, and they do healing retreats and healing services that are free.

They do come out to churches and stuff, but mostly you have to travel to them. They have centres all over the place!

I will be going on a healing retreat, when i feel up to travelling and people a bit more. But i need a bit more counselling first, so that i can make the journey.

Ellel Scotland is in Aberdeenshire, and Ellel HQ is in Lancaster. There are 2 other sites in the south, and a few more worldwide.

Everything is God Centred and the counsellors are genuine and gentle.

Here's the link in case you're interested.

http://www.ellelministries.eu/uk/index.php

There are a few more around, it's fairly easy to find them - But the only other ones I know are in the South, cos that's where I'm from.

If you have Sky, it's worth tuning in to premier christian radio - ok london based, but they do a fair number of course adverts.

Other stuff that has helped me in the past are books and audio from american preacher Joyce Meyer (she's come through abuse), she has a couple of great books, incl. battlefield of the mind! and a new one about gaining confidence.

It's worth looking into christian healing - My counsellor is from my church, and she prays for me everytime i go - i'm afraid my faith is somewhat lacking at the moment.

There is also the association of christian counsellors, they register people who've got counselling training and are available to help people.

Love Freaky Chick.

Hey Jude Sawn

Couldn't return your PM, it wouldn't let me - so!

It's called Kings Church - (charismatic). They have been really good to me, probably even more helpful, if i could actually get there - i have a panic attack at the door, and haven't managed a service since Sept (except Christmas - but it took 2 people to half carry me in!)

My Counsellor is from the church, I get counselling free of charge, and it's really helping.

My Pastor comes every coupke of weeks, but is in constant communication via phone and email.

Just trying to build my way back in, by doing one to one's with people, so that i'm not so scared.

What church are you at? have they helped you at all?

Freaky chick.

Its a baptist church and they have been great.
    The thing that most folk dont know about churches is that there are good counsellors in some of the churches and you dont have to be a Christian to speak to them...But you may be come one after..lol

I have made good friends at the church and some know what I have went through. There is never any pressure to go and I can come and go as I please..Its great for those who have anxiety or panic attacks because you can sit at the back, enjoy the service and leave if you dont want to talk to anyone after...Yea keep building up freaky and I am glad that you have a good pastor.

jude

What's christian healing? xxx.

Hi Children of God

Christian healing - that is where you let Jesus and Holy Spirit be the counsellor to you. To bring up and change in your life what He thinks is right.

Basically the whole thing is based on the healings of Jesus and the Apostles in the NT.

You usually have 2 people who are trained in Christian healing and counselling. And basically, they counsel you and pray and let God do the rest! He then does exactly what is best for you - cos He knows everything anyway.

There are many different ways and approaches. anything from prayer ministry, to laying on of hands, anointing with oil, counselling proper, emotional release, retraining your brain and faith - getting you to view yourself how Jesus views you, not how the world has trained your brain!

I did a whole course on discipleship and healing, it involved starting at the basics of how Jesus healed, right up to deliverence ministry. Basically God does it, but uses people to minister through.

That's the official types of healing, like in churches or retreats etc.

Sometimes God can do it without people too, like when you walking in a field and see your favourite bird or something, and you get that rise of joy and peace etc - that's God healing you too.

The most important thing is making and keeping Jesus the most important member in your life - reaffirming your faith. And walking through where he leads, knowing he's there with you and you can't get hurt.

Hope this sheds some light!

Freaky chick

yes, that was very helpful thank you.
    It all sounds very interesting too.
    Is there anyway you can do any of this without having to leave your house ? (I'm house bound you see), like maybe over the telephone...or having a priest or someone come to your house?
    = )

I used to go to Spiritual healing - found it really fantastic

We also got faith healing there.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information