Thread: Blogging to overcome panic

Blogging to overcome panic

So, although there is a shameless link to my blog here, there is a reason behind it.

I had yet another major panic attack a few days back. You know, not the mild panicky sort, but the absolute, major, end of the world type.

I put a post on facebook about it, and was amazed at the amount of PMs and replies I got, from people who were suffering the same, or had suffered, yet were suffering in silence.

It made me question why we hide this condition. Why we are embarrassed to let our friends and families know just how bad it gets. Why people tuck it away and suffer in silence.

So I decided to start blogging. I am sick of hiding what is going on in my head. I am fed up with pretending to be ok, and normal to outsiders, yet I really aren't.

I don't see why we should hide this, its not our faults, its nothing we have done, we can't help it.

The blog is currently very very new. And I am just setting the scene with a bit of history. I feel very pretentious to think that people may be remotely interested in anything I have to say, especially when at the moment it is all about myself.

But I am looking to bring it bang up to date as soon as possible, and cover current issues that people with panic attacks, agoraphobia and anxiety have to deal with.
    And I also want to show the general population who don't suffer, that we are just like them. We are not crazy, we are not somehow inferior, and that we shouldn't have to hide the fact that we suffer from something we have absolutely no control over.

There is a link to my blog in the comments (I hope!). I would love if you think it may be helpful to you or anyone you know, to share it, or subscribe, or maybe leave a comment. I am just looking to get it up and running, and hopefully create something where we do have a voice, we can get support, and we can give people even the tiniest of insights into what we have to deal with on a daily basis.

Thanks everyone. Remember, you are not alone.xxx

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

http://anxietypanicker.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope that's right. Im still a bit useless with it all!

Re: Blogging to overcome panic

I think it's a great idea. I'm always interested in hearing other peoples stories that feel the way I do so often. Thanks

Re: Blogging to overcome panic

Very nice There is nothing to be ashamed about. People who are anxiety sufferers and even if they can overcome one panic attack, it shows strength! I am very happy to hear you started this blog. It is a positive message for everyone on this forum. Goodluck with everything...you will be fine, I promise! I have overcome panic disorder about six months ago but I am still reminded from time to time about how anxiety creeps up on me. I just accept the feeling and move on with my day! My days of being fearful are over

Thread Information