Thread: he's gone and i don know if i can cope

he's gone and i don know if i can cope

my partner left this morning to go to Americia with his band.
    He is gonna be gone for nearly two weeks. I dont know how im gonna manage without him. My mother told me last week she hates him so she is gonna be no support. I have things lined up to keep me busy but we have never been apart this long. he has been gone 12 hours and i feel like my heart is breaking.I cant stand being here alone.

Re: he's gone and i don know if i can cope

Aw hun you poor thng...try not to get upset it's only two weeks it will FLY by. I ca say that coz I've been alone for most of my life and most of my life has flown by. you'll be ok hun. You've got us to talk to if you need anyone.

Hi Miss D,

Huge for you. First of all good for you for having things lined up to do. Second of all go do some of them. This will make you feel better than just thinking of him being gone. I know you will miss him but it will go by faster if you are busy. Do things that you can't do when you are with him. Perhaps a girly film or read that book you have been putting off. See your friends. I'm sorry that your Mom feels the way she does but in time her attitude might change. Look at this as time for you and pamper yourself. I do hope you can turn this around to be a good two weeks to be about you and it will fly by.

Hugs,

Laura

Hi there..
    I am in your situation right now. My husband has been away for 6 weeks training for his new job. For the first day i felt yuck and wanted him back, but then i realised it was fine and there was nothing wrong with spending some time alone, in fact now, i am REALLY enjoying my time. I don't know if you work or not, but i only work a day a week, so i am completely alone all day and being agoraphobic with no car....but still - its cool.

Will you be able to speak with your boyfriend? I know it feels poop at the moment, but it will get better as the time passes....plus, it is only 2 weeks. That'll fly by.

Sarah x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

thanks to everyone for your kind words. do u know he is gone 3 days now and im starting to really enjoy my alone. time. its kinda cool to just be trish again and not trishandpaul!

Miss

Glad you are feeling better. Sometimes time alone does us the world of good cos we only have ourselves to please and we can do what we want when we want to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information