Thread: Updates

Updates

Hello cit family,
    I hope you are all well.

Been giving this forum a wide berth lately as I find constantly talking about how I'm feeling makes me worse.
    Some of you may have seen I was in a terrible place a month ago but now I'm feeling much better
    The support of fellow sufferers on this website is wonderful.

A little update on my progress: been on citalopram 20mg for just over 8 weeks and this morning I went to the doctors and I'm increasing to 30 today (thinking about taking 20 in the morning and 10 at night.
    I don't have any more side effects just constant anxiety at a much more manageable level and soon I know it will f**k off completely.

Other things I find help:
    • not dwelling and feeling sorry for myself anymore
    • gym 5 times a week
    • hobbies.. I've started volunteering for the youth service and joined an adult gymnastics group (lol). I'm also starting yoga today (wish me luck!)
    I also have my driving test in 6 weeks so I have a focus.
    • carrying on as normal (despite how I feel)
    • camomile tea
    • relaxation CDs (visualisations)
    • acting as a none anxious person
    • realising that it is just a thought process and that symtoms are brought on by inappropriate response to extreme emotion. It can't harm us!

Take care everyone

Re: Updates

Dan!
    So great to hear from you & I'm so glad you're feeling better. I know what you mean about having a break from the forum, it helped me a lot in the beginning but then I found it was making me focus on my bad feelings a lot more. Good to have a break, so glad you came back to say hello though x

Thanks Suzie,
    I see you are feeling much better too. Yay!
    Have you reached a comfortable position with your medication?

Great words of encouragement for those of us struggling at the moment. Thank you Dan a I'm so pleased you are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1991 View Post
    Thanks Suzie,
    I see you are feeling much better too. Yay!
    Have you reached a comfortable position with your medication?
    I am! I still have a lot of bad days but they are different to my 'old' bad days - at least on these bad days I can still go to work, see my friends etc. Like you say, the anxious thoughts I've got will eventually sod off.
    I'm still only on 10mg & am coming upto 12 weeks now so am toying with the idea of going to 20mg but not too sure yet. Don't want to get any side effects & then feel crap again.

Mojo thank you and hope you are feeling good.
    Suzie don't overthink an increase in medication too much, I think of you expect an increase to make you feel bad again, then psychologically you may bring these problems on yourself.
    I am sure after 12 weeks your body is used to to it by now

When I started I started on 20mg right away. The doctor didn't even tell me to try 10 first *face palm*

I always do better on 10mg and have one helluva time trying to start at 20mg. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better, Dan. I hope to be following in your footsteps very soon.

Nice one Dan, I'm glad to hear it!!!

I'm getting there, all be it slowly, I thought I was over it completely but ive had a few bad days especially in the mornings. I have just increased to 40mg.

Rich

I hope you aren't letting the bad days bring you down too much Rich - you're almost there! I think we will all always have bad days won't we? But we will just get to a point where we can just shrug them off x

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    I hope you aren't letting the bad days bring you down too much Rich - you're almost there! I think we will all always have bad days won't we? But we will just get to a point where we can just shrug them off x
    Hey Suzie

I must admit they have been a smack in the face for me, you know what it's like one minute you're fine the next you're not.

When I was better last time I did have the odd bad day but no anxiety, not even the dreaded my morning anxiety. I just had days when I felt a little down. I am hoping to get back to that point and I'm sure we all will eventually.

This morning was pretty rough and I did have a bit of a cry and asked "why me" again! lol.

Rich
    We will get there x

Thread Information