Thread: Positive experience!

Positive experience!

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some recent odd (but positive) events.

I started having crippling, constant panic attacks starting from July last year, and I was put on Mirtazapine which worked a dream, for a while, until it started to poop out a few months later so my dose got raised which helped, though not near as much as when I first started taking them.

Anyway, fast forward to a week ago, still on Mirt (45mg) my panic attacks started coming back. Then, I ran out of meds and horrible withdrawal symptoms started coming back. Not being able to even get out the house to get a new script, I had some Diazepam left over (which I've had positive experiences with before), took 10 - 20mg per day for a couple days and felt pretty good.

So yesterday, still having not taken any Mirt in days, I felt good. Like, the best I've felt in years. It was like my panic disorder had completely vanished and I wasn't scared anymore. I didn't even feel the need to take any more Diazepam. Slept like a baby. And today is quite the same, I feel normal and not even slightly panicky, again I haven't taken any more meds.

Could this be because the Diazepam is still in my system, and so will wear off soon? Or did two days of taking it literally cure my panic?

Re: Positive experience!

Hello. Diazepam at 20mg fir a few days will stay in your system and be effective for 2-3 days. What was the outcome of you taking diazepam? Are you using mirtazapine again?

Hi! It's pretty much the same now, I haven't taken Mirtazapine in over 2 weeks and haven't had a panic attack since nor any withdrawal effects. I don't know what happened, it must have just re-wired my brain somehow.
    I still take Diazepam once or twice a week, typically for when I can't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipha View Post
    Hello. Diazepam at 20mg fir a few days will stay in your system and be effective for 2-3 days. What was the outcome of you taking diazepam? Are you using mirtazapine again?
    Whilst the active drug, and the even longer metabolite, will be in your body for days and beyond, the effect of the drug won't be. These are separate actions. Diazepam will distribute very quickly to create the effect but a few hours later that effect has completely gone as the distribution half life is very short.

Thread Information