Hi everyone, I just wanted to post to get some reassurance from anyone who can help.

When i was a young teenager (around 13ish, Im in my 20s now) I began to obsessively worry that my dad was attracted to me. I'm sure he wasn't but it takes a lot to say that as the belief and paranoia I felt at that time was so strong. My dad is amazing and I feel awful that I ever had these thoughts (and still occasionally do) I worried about it so much when I was young that I stopped hugging him. But I wanted to find out if this is a known/common anxiety amongst girls with anxiety problems going through puberty.

When I was going through this I remember googling to find out if other people ever felt this way but I only ever saw information about ocd sufferers worrying that they themselves were attracted to family members, never that other people were attracted to them.

In my life I have spoken to three close friends about this, one said she felt similarly from around the age of thirteen but the other two didn't understand at all.

If anyone could give me any information on this I would appreciate it so much as I still feel like I'm the only one that felt this way and that worries me and makes me think the thoughts are true.