Thread: New Medications!

New Medications!

Ok, this is relevant to my recent issues, but is more an experience question. I've been put on 5mg Valium 4 times a day and 200mg Seroquel once at night. Are these releatively safe if they are used as prescribed? Seroquel at 25 mg in the past realllllly knocked me out, but I heard at any higher doses it actually is less sedative and more for mental issues. Any ideas there?

Re: New Medications!

They are fine if you're only using them for a short period of time.

How long is the prescription for the valium? Diazepam or any benzos are very addictive and should never be used sparingly but strictly according to the doctors direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Holds1325 View Post
    They are fine if you're only using them for a short period of time.

How long is the prescription for the valium? Diazepam or any benzos are very addictive and should never be used sparingly but strictly according to the doctors direction.
    4 times a day for a single month, the Valium is for. No refills. I assume he means to curtail it while he allows the Seroquel to help and figures out more things.

I took attivan for my anxiety and found that it just caused alot of drowsiness. So I was prescribed klonopin and only used it as a in-case of emergency type. This was near the end of my anxiety spell and I found that I never needed it.

Yeah sometimes docs do prescribe a low dose anti-anxiety pill while the intended long-term med kicks in.

Just remember that anti-anxiety meds, esp valium or xanax are VERY addictive, so tread lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Holds1325 View Post
    I took attivan for my anxiety and found that it just caused alot of drowsiness. So I was prescribed klonopin and only used it as a in-case of emergency type. This was near the end of my anxiety spell and I found that I never needed it.

Yeah sometimes docs do prescribe a low dose anti-anxiety pill while the intended long-term med kicks in.

Just remember that anti-anxiety meds, esp valium or xanax are VERY addictive, so tread lightly.
    I've heard. My doctor said he trusts me not to abuse it and is quite hard on those that do. But he said follow what he prescribes as prescribed and it will actually help.

Thread Information