Thread: New to Mirtazapine

Question New to Mirtazapine

Morning. GP has finally prescribed an AD and put me on mirtazapine, it's helping with sleep but I feel awful during the day. The dark thoughts have come back and I find myself feeling drained and lethargic all day and have no motivation to do anything. I'm so worried about putting on more weight as due to being off work I've gained half a stone already. I've only been on it a few days but feel awful. GP previously prescribed citalopram but I couldn't tolerate it after a week of taking it. I wanted to be put on venlafaxine for the energy side of it but they seem very reluctant to prescribe it. I've got an appointment with a consultant psych in a couple of weeks and thinking they may change my meds again which I'm worried will result in yet more time off work. Am I just over thinking things? I've been taking flupentixol for about 4 weeks now which has really helped with my anxiety but not my mood. Thanks

Re: New to Mirtazapine

Hi, undoubtedly you will be overthinking a bit because that's part of what happens with anxiety or depression. However previous bad experiences don't help and the horrible thing about these meds is that we don't know if they will help or not unless we try.

The lethargy should get better after the first 5-7 days I think and that might help your mood a bit, but I think really the only way to tell is to keep going with it. I'm sorry it's so tough though, I've been there and it took a while to get the combination of meds that worked.

Thanks for your reply. I've decided to stop taking it, I haven't been coping at all these last few days so going to speak to the GP again tomorrow. I can't hack feeling like this.

Just seen this...I'm sorry you had such a tough time with it and really hope your GP was able to help x

Thread Information