Thread: Having a rough time

Having a rough time

Hi everyone im new to this forum and have read some really insightful posts so far. As of late im having a rough time health wise, i really think im suffering so sort of anxiety issue related to my health. to start iv been having an irregular heart beat on and off since last august which is currently being investigated. also over the last 8 months or so my mood has been low and im constantly chronically tired and lack interest in a lot of things. im now getting abdominal symptoms such as consitpation and pains. my head feels cloudy and i almost feel detached sometimes. over the last week iv been getting random sharp pains in my arms legs ribs. I know thats quite the list but im wondering if anything experiences similar type things that maybe have a diagnosis.

thanks for reading

Re: Having a rough time

Hi...Welcome.

It certainly sounds to me like you perhaps are experiencing depressive symptoms with anxiety. (The two often go together)

Low mood, tiredness, lack of interest and the physical signs such as bowel troubles, aches and pains and an irregular heartbeat.....they all fit with depression and anxiety. The cloudy and detached feeling sounds like depersonalisation/derealization...another anxiety effect.

Many of us will be able to relate. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in 2003 and have had all of your symptoms.

I would strongly advise a visit to your GP, as this will be the best person to confirm things and help you with how you are feeling. I hope you also find the forum helpful as many of us have gone through/are going through similar things to you too.

All the best.

This all feels really familiar to me too and Debs has given you some excellent advice. I'm sure you'll find a lot of information and support on here and I hope you get some reassurance that these are very common symptoms.

thank you for your advice everyone. I am very new to this and have never really considered anxiety/depression as a possible cause. I will see my GP and get some advice from there aswell. Thanks again

Thread Information