Thread: Bloods.

Bloods.

Got bloods done last week because of irregular periods and a pain in my left. I got a letter to make a non urgent apt about the results. My anxiety has rocketed and thinking it's serious. She took full blood count, liver, inflammation, hormones and thyroid.

Re: Bloods.

if it was serious they would of rang and made appointment there and then try not to worry to much it will be something trivial as its not an urgent appointment you need x

Petrified it's OC

I worked at a Gp surgery. If you had any results that even hinted at ovarian cancer your feet would not touch the ground. You would have received a phone call from the surgery where they would already have arranged for you to have either an ultrasound scan or an appt with a gyny within 2 weeks.

A none urgent appt means exactly that. maybe your hormones are a little out as most peoples are whenever they do hormone tests ( they are notorously unreliable and only tell what was happening on the day of the test) or you might say be very slightly aneamic. The list of none urgent things it could be is long or it may just be that the Dr knows you are worried and wants to go through the tests with you to reassure you.

Just to repeat, if anything was untoward in a big way you would not have been given a none urgent appt.

My hormones were out of whack so i am being referred for an ultrasound of my ovaries and part of my liver function test was abnormal. I am wondering if medication could affect the liver tests?

Thread Information