Thread: No colonoscopy for me!!!

No colonoscopy for me!!!

Evening guys

I went to the doctors this afternoon, the consultant had faxed his letter over stating he thinks its perianal bleed and a nhs flexible sidmoidoscopy will suffice. So that's that, on the waiting list!!!

Trouble is now I'm experiencing all sorts of other things mostly indigestion and acid, plus I keep needing to go to the loo. But now I'm utterly stuffed and have no choice but to wait.

Thank you for all your advice guys if only I could listen! I'm not sure how I'm going to get through these weeks, my cbt guy was nice but I felt such an idiot crying in front of him but i couldn't help it.

Sad face xx

Re: No colonoscopy for me!!!

I find having a plan helps my panic hugely. So you now have to wait for flexible sig - you can't speed it up so what will panicking achieve? Once you have had this test if this test is all clear then you really really don't need a colonoscopy for the reasons I have posted before.

All your other symptoms are almost certainly connected to your panic and anxiety. They won't improve whilst you are still in such a high anxiety state.

Try very hard to take a deep breath and just accept that you have to wait a few weeks but then it will be over.

The first thing that came to mind when I read your thread title was the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" episode.

"There's nothing wrong with you....No colonoscopy for you!"

You're fine... be thankful! Treat your reflux with an OTC PPI (Zantac etc.), keep a food diary and eliminate foods and eating habits (like late evening etc.) that aggravate it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Have a look at the IBS symptoms on the side of the main page, anxiety greatly increases IBS.

Have you made it up with hubby?

Wouldn't worry about your therapist, they will be well used to people having a good cry.

Thread Information