I know many would think this is a very insignificant problem in a true sense of what a problem is, and feel guilty to even consider it to be one as for many it's not even a consideration.

My partner and I have put in an offer on a flat early last week and was accepted that very same day. We couldn't believe our luck! Then it quickly subsided with irrational thinking such as why? is there something wrong with the property? why do they want us to move in within a month? I heard this usually takes 3 months and thats if it goes smoothly. Hence the concern.

The estate agent was hounding me all of last week to hurry up. I've begun the process now. However in our last communication - yesterday - he's said well you've been delaying and now we have other people who are interested in the property and are in the same position as you etc. I asked him what that meant because I had already sent him our solicitors details. Also I had called up prior to this conversation where his colleague told me that it hasn't been viewed by other people. I feel like he's trying to play me. He ended the conservation with send over the paperwork asap and I'll see what we can do. Am I being unreasonable to think he's acting unprofessionally? Surely he can't sell onto someone else if I have received a letter of acceptance of our offer? I've been told until contracts and money has been exchanged anything goes.

My initial concerns was the lease - 87 years - but that's being dealt with as outlined in our agreement. However I would probably feel a lot better about buying the property if he didn't seem dishonest, and more importantly if my partner wasn't so worried. He woke me up talking about all the pitfalls. Hence me being up at this hour I couldn't sleep after that conversation! Who could?!?!? lol.

Any advice etc. would be greatly appreciated!