Hi all,

I'm a 24 year old guy, and I've had anxiety + depression (mainly anxiety, that was triggered but a bout of initial depression) for 6 or so years, but he past year or so has been a lot better for me. I've been managing to hold down a good job solidly, something I'd struggled with immensely in the past.

I've been single for the past 2 years after a long relationship. I recently started seeing this girl who seems really nice, and she likes me too. I've found myself extremely anxious before seeing her most times, but I don't think she's been able to tell.... Until yesterday, I was literally so stressed out I had a panic attack in the car park. I didnt want to tell her and seem weird so I just said I was tired and wasnt feeling very well, but overall it was awful, I completely clammed up and hardly said anything. I probably just looked bored but inside I was so stressed I felt I was going to go insane.

In the end I told her after I went home (I texted her) that it was anxiety and that I was sorry I just hadn't expected it to be this bad, as it isnt in my day to day life. I've not heard anything back and now I feel awful. I had little confidence anyway and this is just making it worse. I hope I find someone eventually, but I just needed to vent.