Thread: What has happened?

What has happened?

Hey,
    I am on week 12 of Fluoxetine. I had a few bumpy patches along the way and but the past month has been really great, actually pretty amazing. I have been feeling positive and wanting to enjoy life and I have felt in control of my anxiety. Just when things were looking good I have had a couple of days where I have felt really anxious again. Even tingling in my hands and legs which I haven't had for ages. I am so scared that i am going back to how I was before. I guess one of my questions is "is the goal to not have anxiety at all or should I think that i need to be able to cope better if the anxiety comes back"? I was hoping it had gone but this feel awful. Any advise, support words of encouragement would be greatly received. Thank you

Re: What has happened?

The meds take the edge off things, but you need to work on the anxiety also. You maybe also need an increase in dose of the meds you are taking

Re: What has happened?

Thank you. I am also having CBT which had been really helpful but I seem to feel really anxious this week. I have accepted an offer to change my job role and I think the anxiety has come from that. My partner says that feeling anxious in this situation is normal but i cant seem to shake off the anxious feeling. Perhaps Im not ready for a role change after all but it was an opportunity that i really wanted to take.

Thread Information