Thread: Hormones.

Hormones.

I got my bloods done because of irregular periods and my hormones are abnormal which he said suggests menopausal (i am 46, 47 in June). But because i said i was getting twinges in my left ovary area he is sending me for an ultrasound scan. I am worried now.

Re: Hormones.

Try not to worry too much, zippy, though I know that is easier said than done.

It is good that you are having the scan, just to check everything out. The fact that you have had irregular periods and your hormones are off, plus you have had ovary twinges may suggest something like an ovarian cyst, which is maybe why he is sending you for the scan, just to rule that out.

Twinges from the ovaries can also happen around the time of ovulation.

I am 44, 45 in July, and have had loads of issues like yours, and several scans, both transvaginal and standard ultrasounds. I have a history of irregular bleeding between periods, very long cycles, pelvic pain, you name it. I have had multiple ovarian cysts and still have a fibroid at the moment. I have never had my hormones checked, but I am sure that if they were they would be imbalanced!

I just wanted to illustrate that issues like yours do not necessarily mean anything sinister is going on. I get ovary twinges/pain almost every month now, around the time of ovulation, which I never used to when younger. Hormones are a nightmare, and can create all kinds of symptoms and havoc!

I am sure that you will be ok....keep us posted as to how you get on. x

Thread Information