Thread: Constipated but soft stools?

Red face Constipated but soft stools?

Hey, I feel like it's getting better slowly now and im calming down slowly off this bowel cancer fear I think this is my third post so appologize for that. Ive been drinking more water and eating more fibre with weetabix instead of my usual cereals. Anyway yesterday I have had allot of wind lol quite embarrassing sometimes same today.

Ive been twice today when I got up I went no problem but near the end of that one IT feels like I'm constipated again had my coffee went again then the same again it feels like a hard bit is coming out but It feels like it's breaking up and is coming out softer but sometimes I have to push a bit just to get it out even though it comes out soft and it still feels like I'm not done, it feels never ending atm lol. I had lactlose yesterday and Monday but I haven't had anymore since.

This morning I also have like an indigestion heart Burn type feeling.

Can all this be caused by anxiety and stress?

Cheers, jack

Re: Constipated but soft stools?

Yes i have suffered similar to you and when we place so much focus on bowel movements they seem to get even stranger.
    If you have been constipated that whole area could still possibly be inflamed and therefore even if you have had more fibre and your stools are softer it could still be quite hard to pass. Internal hemorrhoids may be an issue to.

You're doing the right thing by changing some foods and drinking water, water is a biggy. I would say to just focus on stress levels now and maybe some sort of exercise(if you don't already) as this helps too.

Also changing your fibre intake initially can make your bowel movements up the wall if it is not used to it. It's normal to be getting excessive wind as well but you need to get your body used to fibre and water intake.
    I have noticed over the years that stress very much affects all of this. Try not to worry

Anxiety and stress causes issues in the bowels (I know all too well) and the mind/guy balance plays a major part in everything from acid production in your stomach to spasms in the bowel.

If you are constipated/loose and you are anxious as to why it may just be you have a functional GI disorder like IBS etc which is very common! I have it, it sucks but it's very manageable.

It's all about trying to control your mind and your body will follow!

If you work out how to control your mind do let me know, as sometimes I need it as well

Try not to worry!

Thanks for the replys , It's weird atm it's like my anxiety is sky high for a bit then it calms down then repeats. I think i may have ibs I've had cramps, mucus, constipation and looser stools for over 8 years or so now.

It's just not lasted this long and that's what scared me. It now feels like the looser bits have gone and I'm constipated with harder stools again now but i did get a bit out.

Thread Information