Thread: Side effect !

Side effect !

Hi

My DP/DR got worse when i started meds. I have been on med for 4 and a half weeks now and although i have noticed some improvements i still have the DP unreality quite strongly and its 24/7! feel detached from myself and not part of my body also as if watching myself do things very scary!

Is it likely more time may be needed for this to calm down? Worrying that its not going away esp as have been on the meds some time now.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Side effect !

Hi caz
    Which medication are you on?
    Four and a half weeks is not that long really and DP is one of the last symptoms to go in my experience
    It does go though x

Paroxitine 20mg. I just can't seem to shift the dp and worried it should already be gone. how long can this take and what if it's a side effect of med will it settle?

I have been on this drug b4 and worked very well. worried it might not be working this time or what if lost its effectiveness.

As I said four and a half weeks really isn't long enough to expect all your symptoms to go
    The four bouts of anxiety and dp I've had have taken at least five months to recover from
    It doesn't last forever and you'll get through the other side x

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

If you're worried about the effectiveness of your medication speak to your gp
    I'm sure he will say the same as me
    In the meantime get cbt, eat right, drink plenty of water, get a good amount of sleep and do lots of exercise. That's what I'm doing this time- trying to make a positive out of a negative.

Thanks

What we're your symptoms of dp? is it common to have th
    is 24 7?

Hi Caz,

I have been suffering from DP/DR Since October last year im six months in: Was officially diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I also seem to have constant deja vu 24/7 with it aswell so basically everything i see, do hear, everything is deja vu for me. even writing this feels like it These are a list of my symptoms:

My symptoms are:

Feel like everything is a dream
    Everything just looks odd - especially outside everything looks very hazy and colours seem off- Sunlight seems to make it worse.
    Constant like static in my vision outside
    Constant floaters
    Feel like there is like a veil or something between me and the world
    Body numbness my body doesn't feel attached to me i dont feel pain properly or touch etc. ( at one point my teeth and brain felt numb)
    Body looks odd to me sometimes like my hands and arms look like they do in dreams like they are not attacjhed to me sometimes.
    Emotional numbness, I know the feelings i should be feeling but I cant eally feel them like I dont feel happy,sad,angry like i would usually do.
    Nothing shocks me any-more.
    Can barely feel my panic due to body numbness, i only know im panicking about something cause the DP/DR intensifies. I feel it all in my head.

I dont sleep, i get about 7 hours a night but i wake every hour.
    Constant music, voices, inner dialogue in my head all day and at night.
    Flashes of old memories.. things from tv programmes, memories from childhood, random things like bits from dreams or video games even sweets or scenarios i have been in.
    Vivid dreams that seem to be full of everyone from my life ie teenage years till now.
    constant thoughts off im going to die or never get better
    Thoughts of what happens when we die, what happens after it.

Recovering from my conditions and looking to the future.
    I am not very active but do try to reply to mails.

Thread Information