Thread: Panic attacks and skipped beats

Panic attacks and skipped beats

The last few days I have had panic attacks at work and also dealing with the skipped beats. When will this end... each day has really been a struggle as of late. Anyone else dealing with this?

Re: Panic attacks and skipped beats

I had skipped beats for months and it terrified me but eventually they just went away. The GP was unconcerned but sent me for tests to ease my mind, all came back normal. Hope this helps.

I have them too. Also been to DRs said there normal (hard to think as it as normal )
    I felt great all last week then this morning since 430 I've had them every 5 /10 beats or so.
    It's driving me crazy. Just when you think they have disappeared they come back with a vengeance.

it will get easier once you learn to accept them, I haven't had any for 4 days, prior to that I had them constantly off and on for a few weeks, if they come back will just have to try and not let them freak me out like I did at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian123 View Post
    it will get easier once you learn to accept them, I haven't had any for 4 days, prior to that I had them constantly off and on for a few weeks, if they come back will just have to try and not let them freak me out like I did at the start.

Do you ever get dizzy and feel out of breath with them? I get them real bad out of nowhere when I get in the shower. It scares me to death . My wife can feel them and said I have had them a long time and even when I was in the hospital they could not even see them on the monitor for my heart . They said they are flurries and there is still a heartbeat its just that I can't feel it. I still worry and it makes me scared.

Never really got dizzy with them, but they do feel like it takes your breath away, I did feel light headed sometimes, but that was purely down to the anxiety over them, when they do happen now, which is only been the odd one or two now and again over the last couple of days, I don't let them scare me, I just let it happen and try not to make them make me scared, you have to try and get your mind on other things, I was thinking about them constantly, which doesn't help, its hard to do, but it does help, it wont stop them but will help you stop thinking about them as much, that's what I've been doing anyways.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

I know for certain that anxiety does make them a lot worse, once you can relax and get your mind on other things, they should lessen, they wont go away, I've always had them, for a long time, but not to the extent I was having them over the last few weeks, I used to get the odd one or two throughout the day now and again over the years, they seem to be back to that just now, which isn't so bad, I had a family matter the other week that caused great anxiety, the ectopic beats came on tenfold, I mean really bad like one every beat off and on, purly down to me being so anxious, like I say, try and get those anxiety levels down, don't let the ectopic beats make you scared, my cardiologist said the are harmless and part of my physiology , I'm still here so I have to believe what he says :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian123 View Post
    Never really got dizzy with them, but they do feel like it takes your breath away, I did feel light headed sometimes, but that was purely down to the anxiety over them, when they do happen now, which is only been the odd one or two now and again over the last couple of days, I don't let them scare me, I just let it happen and try not to make them make me scared, you have to try and get your mind on other things, I was thinking about them constantly, which doesn't help, its hard to do, but it does help, it wont stop them but will help you stop thinking about them as much, that's what I've been doing anyways.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

I know for certain that anxiety does make them a lot worse, once you can relax and get your mind on other things, they should lessen, they wont go away, I've always had them, for a long time, but not to the extent I was having them over the last few weeks, I used to get the odd one or two throughout the day now and again over the years, they seem to be back to that just now, which isn't so bad, I had a family matter the other week that caused great anxiety, the ectopic beats came on tenfold, I mean really bad like one every beat off and on, purly down to me being so anxious, like I say, try and get those anxiety levels down, don't let the ectopic beats make you scared, my cardiologist said the are harmless and part of my physiology , I'm still here so I have to believe what he says :-)
    Thanks I will keep that in mind....

They've been a little better the last couple days... having some tonight though... just trying to put them out of my mind

If it helps, I had them for quite a while and they've just gone. Hopefully that will happen for you too x

Thread Information