Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A big test

A big test

I've made a big comitment with one of my friends without thinking about it and I'm a bit worried I'm not going to be able to handle it.

My friend phoned me up and said there were tickets available for a gig in London this weekend for a band I'd love to see. At the time I thought wow, I can't miss that, and agreed without thinking about the implications.

It means I'm going to have to travel to London on the train, go on the tube to Brixton, a part of London I've never been to and find the venue, all on my own! Then handle a busy gig with thousands of people! :S

I'm determined to go cause I can't miss seeing the band, but I'm so anxious and scared about it. This will be the furthest from home and the most challenging thing I've done in ages, I'm so scared I'll end up having a panic attack or something awful might happen. Maybe it's taking a bigger step than I can cope with.

Yikes, what do I do?

Re: A big test

Hey Jim, opportunity knocks!!!! have you taken a bigger step? No I dont think so hon, once again its the feelings your concerned about, think more about the love of the band and how much your going to enjoy it. Its all about change jim, doing something that your not use to doing, is it safe to travel , YES, can you do it, you are safe , yep its a test, heres an opportunity to TRUST IN YOUR OWN FEELINGS, you will not let yourself down, you want to go, you are going, you have the courage to feel safe, trust in you feelings Jim, its gonna be one hell of a gig!!!! and an achievement, enjoy. love skylight

Lemonade!!! you have a great time toooo, its just great to hear you are getting your life back on track, feel the fear and do away with it, enjoy!!! love skylight

Smile Re: A big test

Hi Jimbo!

[It means I'm going to have to travel to London on the train, go on the tube to Brixton, a part of London I've never been to and find the venue, all on my own! Then handle a busy gig with thousands of people! :S]

I can relate to this a bit. Back in 1982 my husband had his first coronary by-pass operation. I had to travel to London on the coach from Plymouth and then find the hospital once I was there. I'm a country girl (not very streetwise!) and, other than a trip to Birmingham with work colleagues before I was married, I hadn't travelled far at all let alone by myself!! But, I had to go. So I left my two daughters aged 5 and 2 with my parents and off I went. It was very daunting but it's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it (all a bit of a blur now though!). And I lived to tell the tale - so did my husband as we went on to have another daughter 2 years later lol !!

Sometimes an 'on-the-spot' decision can be the right thing to do, and I think this is.
    So you go and have a great time and tell us al about it when you get back ok?

lotsa luv

GG

xx

Hi, the anticipation is almost always worse than the event. If you go, you may find it'll be fine.

Absolutely do it ! Being brave doesn't mean not scared.If you go and face your fears you are beating them,no,not because you are not scared,you maybe are scared or affraid,but you did it,you faced them !
    I am sure you will have a great time,no matter what.
    Enjoy !

I'm definately going tomorrow! I'm feeling more positive about it this afternoon.

I've got my journey planned now and my friend is going to meet me in Waterloo and help me navigate the tubes, the bit that was worrying me the most. He said it's probably not best to meet in Brixton and be hanging around there waiting, even for someone who doesn't suffer from pa's & anxiety, lol!

I know it's going to be a challenge, but I'm going to do it. I'm actually feeling quite excited about it now.

Jim

Jim

Good luck - you will love it once there I am sure.

Let us know ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have a great time Jim. Great achievement to do all the public transport bit - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Gosh! You are so brave to do that. I can get a train on my own but not a tube! I hate small spaces and the last time I was on a tube I felt really bad.

Just think possitive about this gig, it's going to be great! You will have a good time.

What band are you seeing then?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information