Thread: Perimenopause

Perimenopause

Anyone else around my age ... 43 ? Is this to young to be in the peri menopause ? I get really bad heart palpitations like its skipping beats they seem worse around my period. Also my anxitey is going through the roof. I get 1 week each month of feeling bliss. ...

Re: Perimenopause

I have just had my bloods done and my hormones aren't normal. I am 46 and was told it's due to perimenopause. I have been having erratic periods, anxiety and weight gain.

Ugh, I'm 47 and going through the same thing! I've always had issues with anxiety and OCD. But, all my symptoms get worse around my period. My dr. Increased my altenolol for the PVCs and that's helped some. Also, I've tried keeping track of when I notice increased symptoms. I've been trying to avoid triggers that make it worse when I know it's coming!!!!

I think this is me!

I turned 45 last November and have been a complete mess with medications not really helping. Crippling anxiety, cannot regulate body temperature at all either boiling hot or have chills. Still getting regular periods but they are only two days long.

I'm seeing GP tomorrow to ask if this can be tested for and treated. I've never had anxiety like this in my life! I've always had anxiety but not to this extent, not all-consuming so I cannot function and have had to leave work.

Will let you guys know what the doc says and hopefully there will be something to help balance hormones and bring back some sanity

Thread Information