Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi,
    I have only opened up about the thoughts in my head to my partner a few days ago and have never spoken to any medical professionals, my partner has arranged me to talk to a doctor and it is very over whelming in my head at the moment. I am hoping really to find some where i feel normal and can hopefully get some help, advice.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Puppet and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi

Hi
    Welcome to NMP

Hi and welcome to NMP, Puppet

I've posted on your thread and I think you should have a chat with us OCDers on the OCD board because we know exactly how these thoughts work and how to deal with them. I've had them too but beaten my these days, as have others, so it is possible to overcome them.

I would also suggest that if your partner isn't familiar with intrusive thoughts, to have a read of the link I have given you. Some of the themes of intrusive thoughts, like the harm based ones, can seem more associated with psychotic disorders to those who are not aware of mental health disorders but in reality they are quite common and bare no connection to the more complex disorders that people may fear from what they see/hear in the media.

Hi and welcome Puppet,

Many of the people here have or have had thoughts such as you describe. You are not alone, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Thread Information