Thread: Solipsism,Obsessive thoughts, Confusion, Dread, Angst,Anxiety

Solipsism,Obsessive thoughts, Confusion, Dread, Angst,Anxiety

I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stop thinking about these things. I got together with my friends today and all I could do was think, "Am I really here?" I can no longer enjoy this thing called "life" I feel like anything I do now I'm only doing it to maintain the status quo. I don't feel like a human being anymore. I feel like an audience. I think I may have messed my life up, because now I feel like I can never go back to normal.

Re: Solipsism,Obsessive thoughts, Confusion, Dread, Angst,Anxiety

Dreams helped me get over the fear of solipsism. I figured it was proof that I had a waking reality, and one made up in my mind. Unless you wanna go down the "Inception" route, but I just stopped caring.

Put it this way, if we aren't real, and everything is just in our minds, well, we will never know for sure, so who really gives a shit? It's not worth ruining your real or made up life over. You can still feel things like fear and joy, and sadness and excitement - so what you do and what you think still matters.

But I can assure you that you are real, because I am reading this right now on a message board. You might think "well, this guy is just in my mind" but I promise you Im not, I have no clue who you are.

Thanks. I've just been thinking a lot about concioussness and it's been driving me crazy.

I've been there. Believe it or not, it all stems from the depersonalization/derealization aspect of anxiety... BUT, its still anxiety. Case in point, you are frightened by it. You can put two people in a room, talk about Solipsism, one person doesnt give a shit, and one person is really freaked out - is their reality any different? No, its not. Your fear of it is driving it. Once you navigate your way out of the fear, it loses its power, and those feelings of not being real dissipate. I used to think I was on another planet, or could not relate to anyone. I'd walk outside and hear the birds chirping, and feel the sunshine, but I could not appreciate or relate to either. When your thoughts turn so inward, thinking about ANYTHING outwardly feels alien and bizarre. That's where this fear stems from.

I don't know. I look up at the night sky, something that used to calm me down now gives me panic attacks. I feel trapped.

Thread Information