Thread: 6 weeks on Sertraline - weird side effect?

6 weeks on Sertraline - weird side effect?

Hi all,

This is my first post on here after suffering on and off for 5 years with anxiety - specifically hypochondria.

After struggling with another bad bout of anxiety recently, I decided to go back to the doctor and am on 100mg Sertraline and 2x 40mg of Propanolol daily.

I spent the first 4 weeks on 50mg Sertraline, but for the last 2 weeks I've been on 100mg.

Ever since I've been on the increased dose I have noticed that I am getting quite a bit of muscle twitching and almost like jerks - nothing severe but just enough for me to notice. It tends to be if I'm resting. Like if I'm laying on the sofa I can feel a tiny movement now and again in my head/neck. Or if I'm sitting at my work desk, it's almost like I motion to get up and out of the chair which is really weird. It's just like a split second body jerk. I used to be very fidgety and nervous at work before the Sertraline, but that has very much calmed down and now I'm left with this one weird feeling/symptom. Can this happen on Sertraline? I've never noticed this symptom before.

Another thing I've noticed on sertraline (ever since day 1) that I am unable to concentrate on things like it used to. Sometimes when I'm watching TV I find myself staring into space or zoning out, often thinking about anxiety related things. Although I am much less fearful than I was, I still think about my health a lot in my head.

A lot of my anxiety symptoms have calmed down (dizziness, lightheadedness, sweating, palps etc) but just noticing this new symptom is the only thing left on my mind. I'm seeing the doctor in a few days as a routine appointment so I will mention it then.

Just interested to know about other people's experiences

Re: 6 weeks on Sertraline - weird side effect?

i have twitches or claminess or shivers i would have been on sertraline for 6 weeks 50mg for 2 weeks....and as of the 5th may 100mg for 4 weeks, i may also have the odd day of anxiety but no attacks.... yeyyy but those few remaining symptoms i mentioned are all i have ... oh and restless sleep ... but i tell myself its a dam sight better than what i was 6 weeks ago ... hope this helps

Thread Information