Thread: Is these normal PMS symptoms?

Is these normal PMS symptoms?

low grade fever after ovulation (between 99.0 and 100.5) until a day after my period
    extreme confusion
    restlessness
    tremors
    brain fog
    nightmares
    extreme sweating
    cannot cool down, even with air conditioner on
    completely spaced out
    shortness of breath, especially when waking up
    dizziness
    heart palpitaitons
    tight chest
    weight fluctuation
    burning in stomach/abdomen area
    extreme fatigue as well as insomnia
    chills (with hot flashes and cold flashes)
    sensitive to sound and light

I get classic pms symptoms which I am not concerned about: headaches, breast tenderness/swelling, dry "down there", low sex drive, extreme hunger, extreme moodiness (I feel horrible for my husband), clumsiness. I am not worried about these. I am 33 years old. I don't believe it is premenipause because all the women in my family (my mom and her sisters) did not get it until their 40s. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn next Tuesday but this is really concerning to me. I was told years ago by a psychiatrist it was premenstrual dysphoric disorder. If that is the case, great, then I can treat it but I just am concerned it is something more serious. Any input would be greatly appreciated and are there any other women out there that experienced scary pms symptoms? Thanks and be well

Re: Is these normal PMS symptoms?

Your symptoms are all normal. You may be interested to know that the low grade fever, or elevated temp, is normal, too, during the second half of your menstrual cycle. It's how some women find out they're pregnant -- the temp never goes down! You may wish to be checked for anemia, because a lot of the symptoms you are describing go hand in hand with that. Also common due to blood loss during periods. Do you have fibroids?

Thanks for your reply. I just found out i am very low on folic acid which can be linked to anemia. I also visited my ob gyn and everything was normal as far as fibriod cysts. Everything is linked to vitamin deficiency as well as my panic disorder.

I get a few of these. I've started charting them in my period app on my phone so that I don't wonder if I've had it before by the next time it happens. The one is use is called Period Tracker (free version) and it's great.

The sensitivity to light and sound is usually the beginning of a migraine for me. My neurologist suggested that I take migraine medication at the start of my sensitivity rather than wait for it to get worse.

OhioMom65 is right. There's a lot of info on temperature charting for fertility and I know there can be a lot of fluctuation throughout the month.

Thread Information