Thread: Convinced I have Ovarian Cancer. Help!

Unhappy Convinced I have Ovarian Cancer. Help!

Hi, Im new here, and ill try and keep this short and simple. Im 18, just about to graduate high-school and start on the road to becoming a doctor except I have one issue, I am convinced I have Ovarian Cancer.

It all began with me watching a documentary where someone had a wife who died of Ovarian Cancer and silly me though "oh man lets google it", and of course Ovarian Cancer symptoms being so vague, I immediately "had it". I began to get scared, I started having sharp pains in my abdomen, and even back pain which I never get, no worries because i guess it was my period coming because it came the next day.

Well, right after my period i was fine, until a week later i had a particularly stress filled day and the pain came back on my back and my tummy (like period pains). I immediately went back to "I have Ovarian Cancer" I saw myself dying and leaving my mom and sister all alone, and every time i talked to my boyfriend and he talked about all the fun things we would do when he came to visit from England, and i couldn't help but to feel like i was gonna die before that happened.

We went to the doctor because i basically pushed my mom to even though my psychologist said it was all in my head but of course, all those things I've read about cancer, y'all know "No one believed me not even my doctors and now Im dying" type of stories made me want to go because "I had it" i went to my doctor, he performed a pelvic exam 3 weeks ago, he said you have no worries its a cyst it doesn't feel bad. that relieved me for a day, till the pain was still there, and worst off yet i want to get healthier so I began drinking more water, so one whole water bottle in one hour and of course i pee almost right after. MORE SYMPTOMS!

Then i began to feel bloated, and well i end up in the Emergency Room, and.. one CT scan later... everything is fine.

This comforted me until I went to the OBGYN and she recommended birth control pills for my irregular and painful periods (I've always been irregular and had real bad period cramps) so I say yes and purchase the Pills

Then I read on the instructions you need to wait for your next period, ok easy, so I wait,(Last period was on March 22) April 22 passes, nothing, April 30...nothing but I start having cramps (really really bad ones and discharge sorry tmi) and now here I am Still NOTHING i have horrible cramps now and now Im CONVINCED its ovarian cancer and Im gonna die. I have another OBGYN appointment but its till the 18th and i am worried out of my mind. I even (after lots of probing every day) found a hard mass on my left side by my belly button and i know its a tumor. Im so scared. I really don't wanna die.

**TL;DR ** This was not short at all and Im very late on my period and have horrible cramps, urinating almost immediately after drinking water, found a "lump"? hard boobs, bloated, some heartburn, I am CONVINCED i have Ovarian Cancer

Im sorry everyone

* Also, I cannot be pregnant because I have never had any type of sex, and my boyfriend lives in England, that would be kinda hard

Re: Convinced I have Ovarian Cancer. Help!

An 18yo virgin with Ovarian Cancer? You'd be written up in medical journals but I think deep down you already know this and this is an anxiety forum after all

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information