Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaaaaaargh!!!!

Thank you so much everyone again!

Nicola... Alcohol free wine isnt so bad once you get used to the taste! You may think that you being on anti-biotics is the reason for you stopping drinking but I dont think you are giving yourself any credit! I know lots of people who continued to drink whilst on anti-biotics or some other medication! It takes strength to stop drinking when you NEED to drink so give yourself a huge pat on the back! I too am awaiting results on my liver tests so we can all be there for each other!

Meg thankyou!! Your one word.. "distraction" helped me to turn things around today. Such a simple word but a word that made a huge difference!

I know I wouldnt be feeling as strong as I do today if it wasnt for all of you! I was completely lost until I discovered this site.

Is thankyou all enough???

Love Minny...xxxx

Hi Minny

Well I have my wine lol. Trouble is I am drinking it like water lol cos I know I won't get drunk. It isn't too bad.

I will let you know about my LFT results but it won't be till week after next. Meg understands the readings so I just tell her the numbers and she tells me what they mean!

Thank You for the support.

xxx

Nicola

Hi Minny

Admiration is the word i would use for you.

I wish i had your strength and will power, you have done so well.

Feel at moment red wine is my best mate and without it not sure how i would cope.

Taken on board what you have said.

Thanks for that.

Love Sal xxxxx

Wey hey!!

Ive hit the 3 week mark! Its not been easy but in a strange sort of way, the struggle has made my acheivement mean more!

Also, I cant believe what I actually did yesterday!! It was my daughters birthday a few weeks ago and her prestent was a day trip to Alton Towers with 15 friends/family members! Before I became agoraphobic, I was always happy to be the official "bag carrier" on such days out as I have such a huge fear of rollercoasters and have done since I was a child!
    Well not only did I manage to accompany my family for the whole day but I had a ride on AIR!!! Jeez it was horrible but my kids and husband are so proud of me!

I had several moments of sheer panic and at one point throughout the day, a panic attack did get the better of me! Instead of hiding away like I normally do, I allowed my family to help me through it.
    I was a dribbling, babbling wreck when we made our way back to the car at 5pm but I was and still am smiling!

I hope everyone in here realises what a hugely positive effect they have had on me and takes credit for it!

I may not know you all personally but I will always be grateful for each and every post and story I read of yours!

Love Minny..xx

Hi Minny

Well done. Such a great achievement. You are truly an inspiration to the rest of us.

Briary

Minny,

Well done !!! More huge progress

I retched all the way round in the queue for Air on my trip to Alton Towers that I took to get myself over a number of fears that arrived with panic . I did it twice but when those leg shackles went on , I just about threw up - but then went on it twice more and lots of Nemesis rides which had always been my favourite .

Good for you. At the end of this not only be alcohol and drug free but also more of a go getter than you ever have been previously !

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Minny,

[Wow!] Well done!! You should be SO proud of yourself!! 3 weeks without drink is a huge achievement and as for Alton Towers, I know that I could never cope with it at the moment so a big well done to you!!

Sarah

Minny

Well done on both accounts!!

Great news on the drinking - I am on day 7 so you are doing great after 3 weeks. I had some alcohol free lager last night and it kind of took away the craving of wanting lager lol. No hangover with that lol.

Well done also on Alton Towers - you will never get me on any rides I hate them. I don't even like travelling fast in a car!

You are doing so well.

You say ... "I hope everyone in here realises what a hugely positive effect they have had on me and takes credit for it!"

Well you are the one that deserves all the credit. We all helped you along the way but YOU had to do it - we can't make people do things.

So a pat on the back to you I think.

xxx

Nicola

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information