Thread: Strange symptoms

Strange symptoms

Hi, I am so tired of living in fear of something happening. I started my day off fine and then I get a tight feeling in my chest, my head feels kind of lightheaded and I feel weak, like my legs can't hold me up. Can these really be anxiety? How do you feel okay one minute and the next you feel like crap? I don't understand. I constantly feeling shaky, I can't sit down without shaking my legs! Can you guys help me out again? Thanks.

Re: Strange symptoms

Hi Shelly - I know what you mean. Because I have panic attacks and get breathless and hot and dizzzy and breathe funny - I spent most of yesterday at work monitoring my breathng and worrying if I might get panicky. As a result I was on edge and panicky all day!! Yet today - I have been up for 3 hours and been busy cleaning and dog walking and have just realised I feel great"!! I think we can make ourselves anxious by looking at our body and worrying what if what if!!! I think if we keep busy we forget!! Love wenjoy x

Hi Shelly,

I can relate to your post. I often feel the same way. Wake up great and then for no "apparent" reason it all goes to heck in a flash. And even though there is factual information provided that says these are symptoms of anxiety, it is hard to grasp that your mind can cause such real symptoms of illness.
    For me finding something to do is the best remedy. If I can get lost in something other than my over-analyzing every little detail about my current state I do MUCH better.

Keep your chin up.

I can relate to this too Shelly, I have good days and bad days, on a bad day, I'm so scared of something happening, I go all weak and wobbily, tight chest, dry mouth, dizzy.....it's all the effects of adreniline, that's why it happens so suddenly, something sets off the adreniline to get your body ready to run or fight and away you go with all the anxiety symptoms.Hard to realise that's all it is when it's happening, it's so scary and feels like something far worse, but that's why we're all here.
    Find something that distracts you from, do some relaxation, go for a walk........whatever helps.
    Keep smiling Shelly, we're all the same here.

Thread Information