Thread: Another newbie saying 'Hi'.

Another newbie saying 'Hi'.

Hello all,
    I found the site when I went in search of information on cataracts. I was diagnosed three years ago with one on my right eye, and have recently learned I have one on the other eye too.

I'm taking various supplements to try to slow them down, but I'm very aware that at some point I will have to have surgery, which absolutely terrifies me, although obviously the idea of losing my sight completely scares me more.

One of the problems I'm having is that I have good days and bad days, and on bad days I can barely see across the room,which freaks me out. My optom isn't particularly helpful when it comes to explaining, and I get the feeling that for him, it's all routine stuff, but it's certainly not routine for me. he tells me I wont get surgvery for a long time because the cataracts are very slow growing, but I'm practically blind in my left eye anyway and it's a lazy eye and didnt' develop properly when I was a child.

At the moment, I do most of my shopping online because I can't cope with supermarket lights and I can't read product info anyway without a magnifying glass, and being a strict vegetarian, I do have to study labels as eating any meat for fish products can make me very sick.

If anyone has any magical tricks for dealing with cataracts and/or the stress they cause, I woudl be very grateful. I live alone so the computer and I are close buddies, but often, hearing from someone with the same issues can be a great help.

Thanks,
    Z.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Zadok and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Another newbie saying 'Hi'.

Hi I am sure you will find some great support here .

Thread Information