Thread: Vivid dreams!

Vivid dreams!

Since I've been taking citalopram (about a month now) I have been having the weirdest, most realistic dreams I've ever had in my entire life, and they go on for AGES!!!

A couple of nights ago it was zombies (but not in a scary way) and then one night I was on a huge ship and someone was going around stabbing and killing the passengers - again I wasn't frightened in any of these dreams, rather I observed them from a distance. Then last night I was in a huge building where they were making all different kinds of bread and cakes and they asked me if I would work there because they were short staffed!

These dreams tend to go on for ages and I can remember them in the minutest detail when I wake up. What the hell is going on???

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Oh, and I was bloody knackered this morning when I woke up - I did an 8 hour shift in that damn bakery last night!

Re: Vivid dreams!

I don't think this ever stops you know. I still have the most bizarre, vivid dreams! Sometimes I can't stop thinking about them all day. I find it quite enjoyable

When I started on Sertraline just under two years ago, I had some crazy vivid dreams. When I started Citalopram, I was expecting the same to happen, so I took it in the day time rather than night. For the first few weeks, I had zero dreams, which completely threw me. The past week or so the dreams have come back, which I'm okay with. I just can't get over how different everyone's experiences are!

I've heard that as your anxiety drops the dreams can taper off. I hope so because they are exhausting for me and I wake up feeling like I haven't slept.

I don't even want to say what Donald Trump was doing in my dreams last night

Quote Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
    I don't even want to say what Donald Trump was doing in my dreams last night
    Oh good grief!

I never used to dream that much until i started Citalopram, then had so many dreams a night and so real/vivid. I came off Citalopram for a year and the dreams never stopped. Wonder now if the dreams will ever stop.

My dreams have officially come back, after two weeks of no dreams at all. I thought they would be okay dreams, but last night's got a little scary, which is exactly what you want when you're in an anxious state of mind.... not!

Thread Information