Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heightened anxiety in hot weather.

Re: Heightened anxiety in hot weather.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonesmcr View Post
    Over the course of today, I've consistently felt lethargic with bursts of nausea, headaches and general anxiety. If I was at home all day rather than working, I'd likely feel more relaxed, like I do now. Well, perhaps relaxed is not quite accurate, but I'm certainly (a little) less worried and calmer in case anything happens. My logical mind knows I'll be okay, but logic tends to go out of the window when I'm feeling anxious.
    I find that I become more aware of my heartbeat in hot weather and, naturally, it will be faster because of the heat so lots of deep breathing for me to make sure my ANS doesn't take over again..

Oh I thought I was the only one! I have painful headache, panic, nausea, and I can’t wait for the heatwave to end. It’s been consistently very hot here for the last couple of weeks and I feel imprisoned because the weather drains me. I have withdrawn into myself and don’t want to mix or go out but I’m equally as bad off at home alone. I have generalised anxiety about everything at the moment. Any words of help very welcome

The biggest thing to remember is that this won't be forever, and it's affecting lots of people in a similar way. I can't think straight, have a muggy head constantly and an just struggling through.

Plenty of cold cans of pop in the fridge, and an ice cream now and again to help, and just accepting that it's just a very temporary pain the arse! It's cooler next week, from Saturday where I am in Shrewsbury, so it's not long now before we get a break from it.

I hate the hot weather. I find it worse at work because we have to wear masks still and the building we work in is always very hot in any heatwave. We are not allowed to use fans now due to Covid-19 regulations and there is no air conditioning installed. My anxiety goes through the roof when it's like this. I just hope it's a bit cooler for the rest of the summer in the UK. I don't mind it hot so much if I don't have to go to work and of course I don't need a mask when I'm at home. At home I can also try to cool off any way I like, with fans, cold water, ice lollies, cool beers and no mask etc. without being reprimanded by a draconian supervisor!

I've coped with hot weather quite well last three years and here we go again, I feel like I'm dying all the time. I can't say if this is anxiety nausea or nausea from heatwave, I am suffering a lot and I don't have the AC. I don't know if I'll survive this summer. A friend of a friend died a few days ago from heart attack, relatively young and I can't cope with the fear that it can happen to me. I have major risk factors for that.
    And the bloody summer is at its beginning.

I too get anxious in hot weather and i always assumed SAD was a wintertime condition with long nights and inclement weather especially around December. I hate the humidity in the British summers and the constant sweating i seem to endure especially in shops and public transport and feeling sweaty makes me anxious and self conscious, it seems a paradox but i have read is quite common with an increase in blood pressure and irritability. I don't the British public get long enough spells of hot weather to get acclimatised properly like some countries on the Continent..

Yes! Heat makes my anxiety tons worse. Not general increase in heat (like 'summer' vs 'spring') but having do to stuff outside in hot weather - can send me right into a panic attack easily. I've read many times that heat effects some people this way.

However, I sauna at home most mornings and only notice a slight transitory increase in pulse, once I do a cold dip it returns to normal quickly. So, not really sure what the mechanism of action might be in triggering panic attacks? Would love to know - but just sharing that YES I have this too and it sucks.

Hot weather = Heightened anxiety for me.

Resisting the urge to go out and get an air conditioning unit, or go and sit in the car! Ha!

It's going to pour with rain next week...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's going to pour with rain next week...
    Guaranteed we will be complaining about that after a while.

A hot weather positive….the grass isn’t growing so no mowing

Ghost…Spillways

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information