Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Heightened anxiety in hot weather.

Re: Heightened anxiety in hot weather.

There is one good thing though, because it was too hot I sat and finished my Care Certificate work. So glad I'm done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Well I've barely been able to move today. I even dispensed with my bra this afternoon as unnecessary clothing. I had a trip to Aldi this morning hoping (misguidedly) that it would be quiet. Nope hot and busy. I'm staring at the washing wondering if turning the iron on would be a mistake or not.
    A definite mistake. Only those on the picket line strike while the iron's hot..

We don't need ironed clothes in this weather anyway..Or clothes at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    A definite mistake. Only those on the picket line strike while the iron's hot..

We don't need ironed clothes in this weather anyway..Or clothes at all really.
    Dress and knickers - that's all. Although I have managed to iron my work clothes - everything else can bugger off today!

Well here in the Midlands it's been raining for the past 2 days, so last night at least was a bit more comfortable to sleep.

I remember 10 years ago (2012) most of the summer was a washout, but this year (2022) it has for the most part pretty much been the polar opposite; a scorcher!

As someone else already pointed out upthread, a lot of us in this country seem to moan about the weather no matter what, but the heatwaves over the past few weeks have genuinely been very uncomfortable, especially when we topped 40C for the first time ever around mid July this year.

Come the winter months we will no doubt be panicking (and complaining) about Beasts from the East once again, even at the slightest inkling of any snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    even at the slightest inkling of any snow!
    Snow becomes a pain in the @rse once you leave childhood (to be fair, I hated it even then - too cold and I've always been nesh) but at least it covers up the dog crap on the pavements....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information