Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Beating mirtazapine lethargy

Re: Beating mirtazapine lethargy

It went OK, took half an hour and as soon as I confirmed my date of birth I started crying. Went through a questionnaire and I scored the highest on each section (e.g. how often do you feel guilty and feel letting people down) she said next step is a follow up call (?!) next Friday and THEN they decide what they can offer you. She gave me a 24/7 number to ring if in crisis. So more waiting. Eyes sore and so so exhausted but can't even attempt a lay down as partner expecting a parcel to be delivered this morning.

My phone call lasted about 50 mins I remember, and then I had a follow up call too, about 2 weeks later. Same sort of format. So glad they could tell how dire things are for you.

I remember when I saw that councillor guy, afterwards I wanted to say that I'd been referred to him for a reason, ie I was having problems, but he actually said, I kid you not, "you're just a nervous person". I wouldn't have gone back to him anyway, even if I was well enough.

Did you enquire about diazapine? May be the sledgehammer you need my love.

Anyway, well done, you've achieved something today. Xxxxx

Will see what comes of it re counselling. Have decided I am going to phone doctors again in the morning and try get an appointment for tomorrow (don't care that I was there on Monday, I need him to see that I cannot cope on so little sleep and the resulting sky high anxiety etc).

A friend of mine said she takes Diazapam occasionally and it helps to relax her. I don't mind if he only gives me 3 or 4 tablets, just want to try something, anything to calm me down.

School run again in half hour and its started to rain. Used to be I feel better as the day wore on but now I find from 3 til 6 I am really really tense and the waves of extreme tiredness come over me.

I honestly don't know how I haven't collapsed through exhaustion yet, maybe its because I am managing to eat?

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you are having a good day?

So annoyed, I've just written you a long message and it's gone!

I was saying that my friend had an illness and she couldn't eat, sleep or keep down tablets! She was really suicidal and had to be given liquid meds. She recovered quite quickly though, back to work full time. Hope for us.

I've just gone slightly further with my sea bands than last week, so that's encouraging too.

I hope it goes well tomorrow, I reckon you should be given diazapine now.

Keep in touch! Xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissAlone View Post
    Actually 8pm, if I'm honest. Yup, I'm a right kill joy!

Anxiety does all sorts of crazy things. How did you cope in the supermarket? Did you have to find a seat or did you rush round in a panic?
    I was only getting lunch so I was in and out very fast. I used the self check out so I didn't have to talk to anyone. But while I was putting my things through I was in that state of DESPERATE to get out of there! Very frustrating because I've been coping well with the supermarket recently. I wonder if it's because I didn't have a trolley to lean on this time?

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Sorry the counselling assessment was so disappointing Julie. Sounds like you guys have similar hopelesness as we do here as far as treatment goes. I'm seeing a psychologist, was 'lucky' to get in quite fast but he is only a young trainee and in 4 sessions we haven't achieved anything besides him trying to explain to me what anxiety is and sending me off with charts to document any panic attacks which we haven't discussed afterwards.

I'm starting out rough today, unfortunately. Yesterday after my supermarket dizzy at lunchtime and it not passing even after a bit of a doze/nap left my anxiety increasing from worrying about the dizziness and being unable to cope (when I've been doing better overall recently). If I am dizzy how am I supposed to do things like walk the dogs, go to the shops?

This morning I need to take the dogs out, go shopping as I need proper groceries and have another friend coming for tea, and also have to go to the Video store to get us a DVD for tonight. Oh, and go to the pharmacy. AND I only slept about 4 hours last night. It;'s nine now and I've been awake since about half 6 with a churning guts, prickly hot and pins and needles all over and complete exhaustion.

I took half a zopiclone last night at 2 once I gave up trying to sleep on my own and was up to pee at 5 then fully awake after getting another hour.

Psych has prescribed melatonin to try but I'm finding it hard to be optimistic.

So frustrating when you feel like you're getting somewhere, even a little bit and then BOOM, it all comes back. However I have to remind myself I have felt worse than this. Just scared of feeling dizzy when I'm out.

Will check in later on when you guys are up.
    Hope you have seen GP Julie and got some diazepam or similar just to tide you over

xx

Hi Sharon

Up early - when you go to bed early you get up early too!

So sorry to hear things have got worse. Have you considered the dizziness may be an inner ear infection, or do you think it's purely stress. The friend I've just mentioned started off with that and was so dizzy she could just lie on her sofa. But I connected with this lady on Facebook who also had crippling dizziness but that was stress/depression and she's overcome it. Completely out of the blue she blocked my messages, no idea why, but she was very communicative up until that point. If you want I'll inbox you her name and you could try to convince contact her yourself. I'm sure she will be happy to help you.

Sometimes we just need to connect with others who understand don't we?

We've had self service in supermarkets for the past few years and they are an absolute god send. I live next door to supermarket and earlier on this year, briefly, I became agoraphobic and really struggled even to shop there. Sometimes I didn't even make it, but when I could go I'd rush to get 2-3 things and rush through self service and come home. Because I look after myself I had to do my own shopping and I quickly got myself out of that, though sometimes I still feel very anxious.

Frightening isn't it.

Do say if you want this lady's name.

Hope you have a good nights sleep. Xxxxxxx

Hi Judi,

I don't think it's an inner ear thing, but who knows? I've had my GP on the phone today and she is adamant it could be the thyroid causing much of my anxiety symptoms and she wrote through a referral to endocrinology while we were on the phone. Dizziness itself is not a thyroid issue but if that's making me anxious/heat intolerant/heart palpitations/insomnia then the anxiety could well be causing the dizziness. It's so frustrating - have I said that already? - waiting to have this looked at may take ages and I'm quite fed up :(

Managed all my errands this morning and the dogs had a good run at the beach. So knackered I tried to have a lie down with the hope of a nap but my hear was pounding out of my chest the whole time.

Been to visit a friend to distract myself/pass the time and now trying to muster up the energy to clean up the kitchen and make dinner for a friend who's coming for tea.

Hope your day goes well whatever you are doing

x

Hi Sharon

It's good that your gp has sone idea what may be up and then you can get treated.

Also you seem to be seeing lots of people which is great. I'm actually going to see a friend today too. She suggested going to a cafe but that might be a bit much. I'm looking forward to it, and I'll wear the sea band. Still not had any chewing gum to help the tummy but I have to say after each of my main meals I've really hankered for some minty gorgeousness. But I have to do what's right for me.

I've also got a niggly problem with work, I've been barred from this online thing. I rang up about it yesterday and the guy hasn't rung me back. The paranoid in me thinks I've done something wrong, and by wrong I mean ill, but it can't be that because I haven't accepted any work since October and you can not work there for a year. However, they can be awkward.

Not going to worry about that.

Xxxxx

Hi, another dreadful nights sleep. I have got myself into a state as I have just taken my last 7.5mgs of Mirt, the doc wanted me to start on Citalopram which is still in the cupboard unopened from when he issued it on Monday. I have now finished the last couple of 15mgs Mirt which I have split to 7.5mgs a day for the last week or so.

I think you recall I wanted to bear with the Mirt but he said no try Citalopram. I have to phone the doctors at 8am and try and get an appointment today. If I can't get in I will panic that I will HAVE to start the Citalopram this weekend.

I previously took Citalopram for MANY years and can only recall a little shaking as a side effect but I'm terrified of feeling nauseated on it, as the one good effect of Mirt has been an appetite increase and I can't afford to lose weight again.

I also want Diazepam or SOMETHING to stave off this anxiety and something, anything that will help me sleep a little/calm me down? All in all I have a very long hour before I can try ringing the docs. What if he refuses to give me more Mirt and/or anything alongside to calm me?

Hopefully the doc will come up with something. You won't know til you ask though, and I know the waiting is HARD!

Docs often give people diazepam or similar in the short term for relief from severe anxiety or when starting new antidepressants so hopefully yours will do this.

May sound silly but have you had your thyroid checked?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information