Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: May time blues

Re: May time blues

Bit of a rough day today and I haven't been working much either work for myself so no money coming in but can't get sacked , I won't tell you about my day it's depressing so instead 1970s memories , tar Mac melting on the pavments in the heat wave of 76 , cake at school in 77 queens jubilee , little bottles of milk at school ( till Maggie thatcher milk snatcher took them away ) dukes of hazard on Saturdays wrestling in the afternoon big daddy , conkers with out health and saftey glasses , water fights in summer snow ball fights in winter , skateboards , Raleigh choppers , three channels on tv and close down at twelve , simpler times , hope your day went as planned , take care .

Hi buster

Just seen this!

Great 70s memories.

Can't really top that! 5p pocket money spent on sweets, no seat belts, ladybirds, can't say I miss the beef burgers and tinned Angel delight though! Oh god, sorry about this Jimll Fix It! Basil Brush, Faulty Towers, Multi-coloured Swap Shop, PlaySchool, it was never through the arch window!

Really hope you are well today. I seem to have turned it around, but I did have a panic attack in a shop yesterday, had to leave quickly, despite knowing we have to stick around until it goes.

Oh well. Xxxx

Hi , glad you feel you've turned a corner if you dissapear from the forum I'll take that as a good sign , you missed out tizwas dying fly , phantom flan flinger , sally James every young lads crush , snorkel coats , bazzooka joe bubble gum , pushing the limits on staying out when it was getting dark fine line between going in on time and being grounded the next night , less said about jimllfix it the better bet them badges don't fetch much on flea bay , better day today than yesterday just have to see how tomorrow goes , take care

We were only BBC, I'm afraid.....

Excellent news though, hopefully sussed a lot of my anxiety! I chew sugar free gum every day, and have done for I'd say over a year. Only one piece immediately after my main meal, but I have also sneaked an extra half piece lately, and that's supposed to be really bad for the stomach, over producing gas and acid. They are the two reasons why i feel so panicked while out, a horrible nausea. However no bloating or pain, which is probably why it's taken so long.

Wish me luck! As much as I love a daily chew, I'm happy to give it up if it means I can go about normally, like a normal person!

Sun is out, I hope we are alright today. Xxxx

Good luck hopfully you've cracked it , take care X

Hey buster

How're you doing now?

I'm still up and down, not as bad as when we had that heat wave, but I'm still struggling doing very simple things.

Really hope I pick up soon.

Yesterday was completely lethargic, day before really good and today a mixture of both.

Hoping all good with you. Xxxx

Hi there , rollercoaster or yoyo would pretty much sum it up for the last few weeks I've been in the darkest of holes and felt pretty good the next day , started the week with family problems came to the coast to get away from it all had a good start then my back went could hardly move , I turned down physio a few weeks ago when my dog died now I'm paying for it , but today has been quite a good day not so much pain got out and about and went to a sea life aquarium it was a very calming place I think if there had been reclining seats in there I'd have fallen asleep haven't had much lately , sat on the beach the other night till it got dark alone not a single person in sight but then it was cold windy and spotting with rain I like it that way somtimes supprised no one turned up with the Samaritans number , I was hoping to go home with a bit of energy and enthusiasm I need to get back into working money is getting tight been chucking money in 2p shuffle machines they are like therapy , still hanging in there hope you are too , take care X

Which seaside is it? I've not seen the sea since Easter last year! I miss it, but it's too far to travel for now.

Glad you've found entertaining and calming activities and that you've still got your sense of humour (Samaritans number) I think laughter is healing, YouTube videos are good for that. If you don't laugh you'd cry half the time.

Talking about the 70s, one of my earliest memories was when my brother and I went to a slot machine place in Bournemouth and asked the change man for some pennies because we didn't have any! We'd be 4 or 5 at the time. So 2p not bad inflation in 40 years!

Carry on doing what you're doing. So sorry to hear about your dog, that's very upsetting for anyone. X

Hi , I'm down the east coast ingoldmels it's been quiet but it will be packed by tomorrow kids holidays but I'll be back home by midday it's only a couple of hours drive , it's not been a bad day sunny so got my shorts out and everyone else got their sun glasses on because of my lilly white legs , had a bit of a blip this afternoon but probably down to a sugar rush from ice cream and donuts , not looking forward to going home but can't hide down here for ever , how did your day go ? Good bad or fair to middley , plan is go home eat better sleep better get fitter mentally and physically and get back to work , in reality probably just find somthing to worry about and watch some rubbish tv like brittains got no talent , take care

Hi buster

I'd assumed you lived by the coast, 2 hours is quite far!

I'm ok, but I've got to go to my parents today. Not seen them since Easter, so I'm running out of excuses, although they've been away last 2 weekends. That's stressing me a bit, but I'll be ok.

It's good that you noticed about the sugar. I've realised about caffeine this week. I'm going from 2 to one cup of tea a day now. I've been in denial because I love it so much, but the caffeine makes me jittery nervy and acidy, so no brainer. I'm so sick of this now, I'll do anything, even go down totally to decaf if I have to.

I've watched a YouTube vid on anxiety symptoms this morning. I can't decide if it was helpful. I think if anything it's made me feel worse, but they say all treatments make you feel worse before they make you feel better. I usually feel worse, don't get the better part.

They say that anxiety affects mainly women, but a lot of men get it too.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information