Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: achy legs

Exclamation achy legs

I'm 31 not that unfit but not fit either. . walk to work and back. do school run walk there and back. and sometimes have an half hour walk with my sister. but for ages I have not been going walks with my sister but today I did and it killed me. my calfs,shins and ankles were killing achy. had to keep stopping. but also whats worring me is that the past 3 weeks walking to work wich is at 5 45am I only gotta walk a few yards and my calfs,shins and ankles are achy. I do walk uphill wich I know won,t help. same as today a bit walking uphills. but not steep. don,t know wots wrong. I,ve posted on here bout pulsating,throbbing pain like heartbeat in back of my head on walking fast or running upstairs. I'm nearly 13stone. that's why I,ve started my walks back up. anyone else have/had this. scared to go to doctors.

Re: achy legs

I had similar problems a few years ago and it turned out I had fallen arches due to my age and 2 pregnancies. I had physio and used orthotics in my shoes (and tried to lose weight) and it cleared up quite quickly. Hopefully you can get sorted too. X

well my right heel has pain in and sometimes find it hard to walk.

I get aches all over , being anxious and thinking about them only makes it worse. Our bodies get very tense when anxious so top that with walking and you will definitely feel it. How do you feel otherwise?

I posted this in my "Positive Thoughts" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    "If you don't think your anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn how to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days."

Kris Carr
    When she says "Learn how to cope", she is referring to helping yourself. If that means therapy and/or meds, so be it. Look her up. She's has a rare form of cancer and also surviving. She's also a best selling author and is quite inspirational.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Netminder1976. I feel ok in myself

If ive been walking alot i tend to get achy legs aswell. The last few days ive been feeling quite crampy but think thats to do with the heat and hydration. Also what shoes od you wear most? I know if i wear my ugg boots or dolly shoes (basically flat soft soles) alot, my legs and feet get very sore and achey. Hope they ease up for you xx

Fedup. I wear uggs too

I dont know about you but know they deff effect my legs and hips. Today vry sore as had them on yestwrday and today xx

Muscle aches are a hallmark of anxiety. All that adrenaline and tension in your body affects you in ways you don't normally think about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information