Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I seriously am a loser

Re: I seriously am a loser

What exactly is going on here? What's a provisional license?

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    What exactly is going on here? What's a provisional license?
    It's the driving licence you get that allows you to take driving lessons. When you pass you upgrade to a full driver's licence.

We have to have signatories which tend to be people in professional positions or such as the church. It's a very outdated practice from a time when our social class meant more and we working class types were content with working down the pit all day and a horse sh1t sandwich for lunch. Back then, professional people i.e. the middle & upper classes, were seen as "trustworthy" () and everyone else was a pleb.

wait...there's actually a license to get a license? Just another money maker it seems.

wait...there's actually a license to get a license? Just another money maker it seems.
    It prevents anyone from starting on the road. You get a provisional so that you have legal cover whilst learning to drive. It allows you to have lessons with a professional instructor or with an appropriate adult. Then when you pass, you simply apply because you have passed the appropriate legal tests.

If we didn't have it, anyone could jump in a car tomorrow and start driving without that cover. This way if there is an accident, it's different. It also allows for formal checks to be made against those who wish to obtain the licence.

The other way, because this is a temporary licence that expires after a short period, it means you are not legally allowed to drive on your own or obtain your own insurance. If they handed out a full licence at the start and left to responsibility of reporting them not passing their tests up to the individual, how many would bother when they could happily drive on that licence legally anyway?

Right! We have this too.

Anyway, I wonder what happened, how did it go?

Ditto!

I wanted to do some volunteer work, got sent the forms, filled them out, got to the last page.. References needed, couldn't be family.. So I literally have no one else to ask!

I'll do your form and you can do mine! Lol

You have friends though, that's a start. I have one.. And I only text him once in a blue moon and vice versa, when I got ill I stopped going out.. Meaning I've not even seen him in RL for 11 years!

What makes you think you've not done anything with your life? X

Dont you think that maybe having your mom pay for your stuff is even more encouraging for you to keep being in your current lifestyle/comfy zone , i mean, cmonnn......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information