Thread: Vegan?

Talking Vegan?

Any vegans on here?

"Your illness does not define you. Your strength and courage does."

Re: Vegan?

No. I was a vegetarian for 12 years and tried being vegan for 1 year. The last 5/6 years I've gone back to the dark side and eat meat...something I thought I would NEVER do.

I do recognize, however, how challenging it can be to be a vegan. Power to you for taking on the lifestyle...I know it's not easy, and I'm afraid I was too much of a weakling to stick with it. I do think about going back to it someday...but I'm very much on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    No. I was a vegetarian for 12 years and tried being vegan for 1 year. The last 5/6 years I've gone back to the dark side and eat meat...something I thought I would NEVER do.

I do recognize, however, how challenging it can be to be a vegan. Power to you for taking on the lifestyle...I know it's not easy, and I'm afraid I was too much of a weakling to stick with it. I do think about going back to it someday...but I'm very much on the fence.
    Oh, I jump in and out of veganism.. I am in agreement that it's tough to stick to because I find vegan substitutes so expensive. Plus I know zero other vegans so I slip of the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDucky View Post
    Oh, I jump in and out of veganism.. I am in agreement that it's tough to stick to because I find vegan substitutes so expensive. Plus I know zero other vegans so I slip of the bandwagon.
    Yes, it's difficult to really stick with it. There are stores where I live that sell TONS of vegan items, but yeah, they are SOOOOO f*cking expenive! And I honestly just don't have the time or inclination to make vegan things from scratch. I found it very challenging to meet all my nutritional needs by being vegan. I'm just too darn lazy and can't afford the expensive substitutes.

I may go back to it one day...who knows?? But it's definitely a challenging lifestyle choice, I will say that for sure.

It's rewarding to live a cruelty-free lifestyle. I definitely feel better when I am vegan

Thread Information