Thread: Ibs, anxiety or colon cancer? Convinced I have cancer at 20

Ibs, anxiety or colon cancer? Convinced I have cancer at 20

Hey,

On April 17 th I had 2 days of constipation and I started worrying I have colon cancer. I had some lactolpse on Sunday and took it for a week this scared me even more as it was diahrrea and I had to keep going up to 5 times a day anyway I went to the doctors 2 weeks friday and he said it will settle down and the fact Id been experiencing cramps and other bits for so long mucus bits of constipation etc it could be ibs but didn't say it was.

Anyway last monday the diarrhoea stopped and Id say I was probably managing one or two bms a day I kept inspecting them have a habit of that atm and they were all sorts thin, then I did sausage type ones torpedo shape ones kept changing. They feel soft coming out but idk it feels weird on the stool chart they were all a 4 Id say. Anyway on friday I had a scare I went 8 times at work I am getting stressed there atm and can't calm down on fri mornings once I went I thought I saw blood ! But after getting down and Inspecting it it looked light brown and there was pink cleaning fluid in there a flush before so maybe it was the light reflecting off of it maybe I also flipped it with tp to the top and it was light brown.

Yesterday had another scare thought I saw red blood so this is gross I picked it apart on tp and i think it might have been co co pops as when I dropped it in the toilet it went red! Scared the shite out of me must be how it reacts to Light.

Anyway in the mornings I wake up with sheer panic thinking I have cancer they were really loose earlier last week and in the morning I get gas aswell in the morning quite allot. But this morning I went did a torpedo shape one but it still feels there more in there 4 bms later where I am now :( im just getting bits out.

It seems to go from constipation back to normal I haven't had loose or watery stools since I stopped the lactlose but im still convinced I have something sonnister :( it still feels like Theres incomplete evacuation now :( just getting bits out at a time.

Other symptoms ive had before is constipation, passing mucus sometimes on its own or with stool. Also have cramps atm that move its mainly centred atm and most of the time under my ribs in the center but it can go lower right, middle upper right and left under ribs it's sometimes crampy and sometimes spasms that last about 2 seconds also been having lower back pain aswell recently that moved Into my middle back sometimes.

A week ago I did have some red blood on the tp on wiping and itching sometimes happens around my rectum I think it may have been a fissure from straining as it was stinging that night and itching since I put sudocrem on it a couple of times it seems to have stopped. I was straining allot even with the lactlose.

I'm scared and convinced I have cc :( and can't calm down I feel terrible depressed as anything Ive even gone over it in my head of my diagnosis.

Sorry it's a long read but need some help :(

Re: Ibs, anxiety or colon cancer? Convinced I have cancer at 20

Sounds like you're really fixated on it right now which is probably just fueling the anxiety which will wreak havoc on your digestive system. As far as the red blood, it definitely sounds like it's from straining or just plain wiping so much.

I am it won't leave me :( ive never been so scared in my life

Hey Lockey,

You've been really struggling with several fears over the last few years. What have you done to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey Lockey, It sounds like you're having just a rough as time as me, I know how hard it is not let the anxiety take over when it comes to this kind of thing, but believe me. Bright red blood is 100% more likely to be Hemmies or Anal Fissures. Neither of which are fatal nor anything to be worried about. Your GP will tell you that. As for bowel movements and changes they can go hand in hand with extreme anxiety. I'm still anxious and i have constipation up the eyeballs. I'm on Citalopram aswell to control it but i still have days where my bowel movements don't happen at all!

Try not to worry. And get checked out by your GP just to make sure.

Yeah it is to make it worse ive been gassy today and Theres like a blackstain
    In my boxers scared it could be blood but it might be how it is on blue colour :(

Yeah it happens. It's probably just your boxers. If it was black blood it would be VERY obvious. As in. Tar-like appearance, and unmistakable. Try not to worry too much about it. Your bowel movements are more likely to be linked to anxiety-induced IBS.

Thread Information