Thread: Persistent muscle fatigue, pain, weirdness.

Persistent muscle fatigue, pain, weirdness.

Hi all.

I've made a few posts before about post viral and stress fatigue but I wanted to talk specifically about the effect this has on my muscles.

My symptoms include :-

1) Constant aches and pains
    2) Regular bouts of trembling
    3) Perceived muscle weakness, especially lower back, abs and legs.
    4) Very low tolerance to exercise.

I'm finding the last point the most difficult to deal with. For example, if I cook a meal I can find it increasingly difficult to stand up after about 15-20 minutes. Some days it's worse than others, but I eventually slump in a chair (as though I'd run a marathon). My legs, back and stomach all feel too weak to continue and I feel physically exhausted.

A couple of days ago I was cutting up some cardboard boxes in the garden and had to keep stopping because it was too physically demanding. After 4-5 minutes my heart was pounding and I had to take a break. I felt the effects of this 'exercise' for the next two days, shaky and weak.

I've been trying various combinations of vitamin/mineral intake and I've just ordered some high quality supplements (so far it's Tesco own brand which I bet aren't the best!)

I know that it's also something you have to pace and wait out quite often. I am unfit on a legendary level and need to start taking exercise carefully and slowly, but the symptoms I mentioned above make it difficult to do anything at all at times.

I was wondering if anybody else has dealt with this?

Re: Persistent muscle fatigue, pain, weirdness.

If I overdo exercise in any way I can have up to a week of those same symptoms. Extreme exhaustion and weak and aching muscles.
    I was told that I 'might' have fibromyalgia but no definite diagnosis was made and having read up on what other Fibro sufferers go through I have my doubts that I have this unless it's just a mild form.
    I believe it's linked to years of anxiety and my body having been flooded by the stress hormones.
    I also get these symptoms when I've been through a time of stress together with a flu-like feeling which can last for weeks, especially if I get anxious about it.
    Quite honestly I've forgotten what it's like to feel well and healthy.

Re: Persistent muscle fatigue, pain, weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    If I overdo exercise in any way I can have up to a week of those same symptoms. Extreme exhaustion and weak and aching muscles.
    I was told that I 'might' have fibromyalgia but no definite diagnosis was made and having read up on what other Fibro sufferers go through I have my doubts that I have this unless it's just a mild form.
    I believe it's linked to years of anxiety and my body having been flooded by the stress hormones.
    I also get these symptoms when I've been through a time of stress together with a flu-like feeling which can last for weeks, especially if I get anxious about it.
    Quite honestly I've forgotten what it's like to feel well and healthy.
    From my conversations with various medical professionals over the last couple of years I've come to the conclusion that most GP's are unwilling to talk about CFS/Fibro or simply aren't trained to test or deal with it.

I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for nearly a decade and have it mostly beaten with meditation and mindfulness.

I know my body well enough that the reactions I have described here are physiological and not psychological (although I'm aware of the mind and body interactions) but medical professionals are not forthcoming with a solution.

I'm currently experimenting with various nutritional supplements (thanks to your post!) and will post results as I experience them!

Thread Information