Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone taking Mirtazapine told to start Sertraline?

Re: Anyone taking Mirtazapine told to start Sertraline?

I don't know why the government doesn't step in about this! It's terrible, but I suppose they'll say it's better than sugar rotting the nations teeth and causing obesity!

So interesting about toothpaste. My problems stem from arm and hammer toothpaste which is very heavily salted (emetic), but I hadn't thought there might be sweetners in too. I now stick with the plainest Colgate I can find and double rinse.

Thanks for this.

Xylitol is one of the better artificial sweeteners too. Very bad for dogs though, it can kill them.

So, it's a bowel tolerance issue then? Vitamin C is the same in that respect but the level is high. So, maybe looking at the tolerance levels is worth a try? Stay below it and see how you feel.

The government won't care, it's just GI discomfort so it's a lesser of two evils by far compared to sugar for them. Not even the dentists agree with the NHS on sugar when we have NHS England telling us to get more fruit and dentists telling us to stop eating the stuff!

It's not as bad as the alcohol debate at least. One week a glass of wine keeps your heart healthy, the week after they report a new study saying how bad it us for us. I've given up bothering to listen.

Those sea bands will be tight because they work on the acupressure point in the wrist. So, it will probably have a nobbly bit on the inside that presses on that point. I used to do it with the tip of my thumb after reading about it.

Hopefully it will help.

Lets not tell the PC brigade about the toothpaste issue, they will probably insist on a "always use in close proximity of a toilet" label.

Hi terry

Hanshan was just quoting something about bowel troubles, fortunately I don't have to worry about that one!

Also for alcohol too as I don't drink, but I always believe everything in moderation. If eating and drinking certain foods make you happy I say go for it, just don't have too much.

Hi LittleMissAlone,

Unfortunately, I discovered the laxative effect of sorbitol a while back the unpleasant way, after swallowing some industrial-strength Japanese mouthwash (I'm sure there was a warning not to swallow it in small Japanese characters that I could only decipher slowly with the help of a dictionary, and that I didn't see).

Thankfully, I was at home at the time, and not on a bus or teaching an English class (my line of business). The effect came quickly without much warning, and my digestion is usually of the cast-iron variety.

Generally, there should be no problem if nothing is swallowed and the mouth rinsed out

Oh dear!

I know for sugar free mints (which I never eat) there is a warning of a laxative effect if eaten to excess. But these chemicals are also carcinogenic aren't they? I bet sales would plummet if the packets also said, 'may cause cancer'. Evil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information