Thread: Celexa Start Up Cancel Out Calming Effects of Klonopin/Clonazepam

Celexa Start Up Cancel Out Calming Effects of Klonopin/Clonazepam

I have been taken 0.5mg of Klonopin/Clonazepam daily for 2 years. I am allowed 3 a day, but I barely ever take 3. I mostly take two a day. I feel like they are not helping in easing the anxiety with the start up. Unless it is and I would be worse with out it. Anyone experience this. Once the Celexa kicked in did you finally feel less anxiety and calm?

Re: Celexa Start Up Cancel Out Calming Effects of Klonopin/Clonazepam

It can take a while for the celexa to work and for the side effects to ease. Unfortunateky if you have been on clonazepam for two years it probably won't be doing much to help but I'd be reluctant to increase the dose without checking with the doctor.

Were they helping before you started the Cit? If not, then perhaps it is Benzo tolerance?

I found with Cit that the side effects were bad at first but started easing in week 3 and then dropped off in week 5. It wasn't until month 2 and then month 3 that I felt any better though.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Were they helping before you started the Cit? If not, then perhaps it is Benzo tolerance?

I found with Cit that the side effects were bad at first but started easing in week 3 and then dropped off in week 5. It wasn't until month 2 and then month 3 that I felt any better though.

No they seemed to be working before I started the Cit. I am more depressed this time due to the loss of my mom in January. I also think my anxiety went up to a higher level due to the loss too. I also sometimes wonder if the Klonopin is making me more depressed uhhhh...this also so confusing and frustrating.

I was on Cit about 3 years ago and I believe it took me a good 2-4 months to feel better. Are you anxiety and depression free at this point. I know we will all still have bad days.

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shazamataz View Post
    It can take a while for the celexa to work and for the side effects to ease. Unfortunateky if you have been on clonazepam for two years it probably won't be doing much to help but I'd be reluctant to increase the dose without checking with the doctor.
    Thanks Shazamataz!!! Are you on Cit? Tomorrow will be six weeks on 20mg. I did take it a 3 years ago and I believed it helped, but then I weaned off of it after 5/6 months.

Hiya,

I've been on citalopram in the past and never had any issued with it but when I started it back up in January after weaning off (not the best idea on reflection) I managed three weeks before I had to pull the pin as was so ill on it.

No idea why this would happen, someone may have an answer for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Victory2016 View Post
    No they seemed to be working before I started the Cit. I am more depressed this time due to the loss of my mom in January. I also think my anxiety went up to a higher level due to the loss too. I also sometimes wonder if the Klonopin is making me more depressed uhhhh...this also so confusing and frustrating.

I was on Cit about 3 years ago and I believe it took me a good 2-4 months to feel better. Are you anxiety and depression free at this point. I know we will all still have bad days.
    It could be they just aren't strong enough then. But after a timeframe like that, you may be dependant so if you tried to reduce them you could find yourself feeling worse.

Sorry to hear about you losing your mum. That's a major event to ever get through.

No, I'm not free by a long way. I'm much better than I was but my med made me significantly worse...I wish my GP had done what he should have and put me back on Cit. I've had to work through OCD since starting this med.

The fact you know it can work as it did before should be your guide. Get through the side effects window and then give it some time and see if you improve. I can't see how anyone can improve if side effects are hammering them.

Thread Information