Thread: Major Anxiety & Tummy trouble - HELP!

Major Anxiety & Tummy trouble - HELP!

Hi all
    Im having the most awful anxiety at the moment (due to family stuff and a "breakthrough" in therapy). I am in such a bad frightened state and all meds are just like sweets right now - I feel my IBS is about to explode (pardon pun)and as Im recovering from anorexia I can't afford to loose weight. Does ANYONE have any tips for helping me to calm my tummy/bowel so i won't be running to loo - (major phobia there too!)

thanks
    An extremely frightened anxiety sufferer

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Anyone? :(

Re: Major Anxiety & Tummy trouble - HELP!

Try to at least get some crackers down. I know when you're feeling like this any food can taste like cardboard but if you can at least get something in you your appetite might come back.

I get IBS and I usually eat plain boiled white rice and drink chamomile tea. Don't leave your stomach empty it just makes the symptoms worse. Eat little and often. Avoid wheat and dairy.

thank you guys i really appreciate it. I was right the IBS kicked in today and i feel rotten - have been eating bland foods and probably not enough. But I'm worried as I will be alone tomorrow and Im afraid it'll start the anxiety ramping up.
    thanks so much for your replies.

---------- Post added at 03:31 ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 ----------

thank you guys i really appreciate it. I was right the IBS kicked in today and i feel rotten - have been eating bland foods and probably not enough. But I'm worried as I will be alone tomorrow and Im afraid it'll start the anxiety ramping up.
    thanks so much for your replies.

Thread Information