Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Physical symptoms of anxiety!! When will they go?

Physical symptoms of anxiety!! When will they go?

So i am now 6 weeks at 20mg of citolapram.. The physical symptoms of anxiety are really wearing me out! Neck ache,arm ache,shoulders ache and tense, head ache, exhausted, Just wish these symptoms would GO!! Is this really anxiety or am i taking citolapram for nothing:( x Got docs in 3 week so i intend to ask. x

Re: Physical symptoms of anxiety!! When will they go?

I would like to hear some feedback too as i am in the same spot as you!!! I am really starting to think around 12 weeks we will feel better. I am noticing so many people saying they did not feel back to normal until around 3 months.

Hi Victory.. thanks for reply. lets hope we start to feel better real soon. Im 6 weeks today at 20mg..

To be honest I hope it is 12 weeks because that gives me hope for the citalopram eventually working for me. On the 21st of this month I will have been on citalopram 10mg for 7 weeks and I know something is different and there has been improvement, but I'm still not right. If this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak then I'm more than happy to carry on in the hope of more improvement over the next month or so.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

But I'm not just relying on the tablets. I'm using CBT techniques and have bought 2 Claire Weeks books which are really helpful. I've started making myself get out of bed in the mornings and getting out in the fresh air.

Hi mojo61 are the claire weeks books any good I'm thinking of trying some yoga too x

Quote Originally Posted by pollynewsome View Post
    Hi Victory.. thanks for reply. lets hope we start to feel better real soon. Im 6 weeks today at 20mg..
    Yes I agree! I can't wait to see us posting that we all fee good!!!

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    To be honest I hope it is 12 weeks because that gives me hope for the citalopram eventually working for me. On the 21st of this month I will have been on citalopram 10mg for 7 weeks and I know something is different and there has been improvement, but I'm still not right. If this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak then I'm more than happy to carry on in the hope of more improvement over the next month or so.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

But I'm not just relying on the tablets. I'm using CBT techniques and have bought 2 Claire Weeks books which are really helpful. I've started making myself get out of bed in the mornings and getting out in the fresh air.
    Keep going!!! Because last time I was on it it was around the 3 month mark where I felt normal. I have a doctors appt in the next hour and I know she is going to want me to increase it, but I am not going too until after 12 weeks as I rather stay on the lowest dose possible. That way if I ever have to increase in the future I will have the wiggle room to do that.

Well I will say again you sound better in your posts and its good to hear you are getting out into the fresh air and using other techniques. A few weeks ago I don't think you would have been doing all this. So you are improving slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Becky2785 View Post
    Hi mojo61 are the claire weeks books any good I'm thinking of trying some yoga too x

They are bloody brilliant!

Morning nmp so late last night I started to get what if thoughts made me very anxious and didn't sleep a wink I no this is just anixety but still there their any one else had this problem it's day 4 on citalapram today

Yes this is normal! for the first three weeks my sleep was messed up. When I take my tab it puts me to sleep within a half hour of taking it. That's why I have to take it at night. I sleep great now. Right through the night and don't wake up.

I always take mine in the morning as it doesn't make me feel tired although no sleep for 3 days is getting to me I feel really down today

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information