Thread: Doubting yourself and repeating self destructive behaviours

Doubting yourself and repeating self destructive behaviours

Hi

I don't know whether this is okay for me to post, I may have other problems and anxiety is a symptom rather than the underlying cause.

I doubt myself all the time, and I am faced with things which make me feel strange, and I don't really know what to believe. One part of me thinks I am being manipulated, and I need to cut free, another part of me thinks I am creating a drama and I am paranoid. And when I try to let go, I am told that I am paranoid, which may be true, but I just don't know.

I am told things are unconditional, but I don't really feel that, I feel that the conditions are just unspoken.

If I hold on, I feel uneasy , but if I let go, I am totally alone and am nothing.

I know this post is totally vague, but I don't really know how to explain things. I know I am probably just shouting into the abyss, but my head is a mess, and I need to write it down.

Re: Doubting yourself and repeating self destructive behaviours

If you hold on... to a relationship ?
    If you let go... of a relationship ?

Write some more !

Being told you're paranoid is annoying. It's a lot of people's go to word.

You might be more aware than them. You might be too vigilant and looking for things you're worried about. Not everything is being "paranoid".

Re: Doubting yourself and repeating self destructive behaviours

Hi. thanks for replying. Sorry I took so long to come back, things have been difficult.

Yes, a relationship.

I have tried end the relationship lots of times over the last three years, but each time I am weak.

It is very hard to explain, but I am involved with someone who never lets me into his life,not even a little bit. Which is his choice. But its not the right choice for me, and everytime I try to explain this, I feel like I am manipulated into accepting.

You see, I said I could be friends, but not in a relationship, because its too hard. A relationship shouldn't feel clandestine should it? Its like being in an affair, even though its not.

And so, if I try to turn my back, I am being terrible, and not caring. But I do care.

I want someone who is here for me when I need them. IT doesn't have to be living together even, not sure I want that. But someone who is there, other than the few times which are always the same.

I know its easy to see I should just walk away, but then I am utterly alone. And frightened. I have HA, GAD and other things going on. Nobody knows because I have too put on a strong front.

I am not making any sense, but writing it down feels like I am blood letting. And I know no-one can help me until I help myself and break out of this vicious circle.

Thread Information