Thread: Blackstrap Molasses

Blackstrap Molasses

Hey Everyone, i just wanted to share a natural remedy that has been helping me cope with my moderate GAD and PMDD. A few months ago i started taking 1 tablespoon of organic and unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I read that it was supposed to help with PMS and menstrual cramps, so many girls i know swear by this stuff, so i thought i would give it a try. For 2 months after i started taking this stuff i barely got any PMS symptoms and my menstrual cramps were not as severe as normal. This stuff is packed with vitamins and nutrients. About 1 tablespoon gives you 20% of your daily iron, 10% magnesium, 10% calcium, as well as zinc, potassium and other minerals. I usually mix 1 tablespoon into my chamomile tea each night. The taste at first might be kinda gross but i promise it grows on you, especially when you mix it into tea. Anyway this is something natural that i've been trying and seem to be getting promising results, so just thought i would share. I would love to hear other peoples experiences with the blackstrap molasses!

Re: Blackstrap Molasses

Hi, I,ve read 2 articles this week that said what a good source of magnesium black strap molasses are. Magnesium is supposed to be very good for menstrual cramps and pms. Good luck with that. I,ve just started to build up my magnesium intake and was looking for natural sources as well as supplements and I was going to put them on the shopping list. Sounds they might be an acquired taste! For some reason I thought they would taste sweet, guess I,ll soon find out. I know avacados and pumpkin seeds are good magnesium sources. Thanks for the tip about putting it in chamomile

Thread Information