Thread: Fast Heart Rate Fear

Fast Heart Rate Fear

I have fear of exercising and my heart beating terribly fast. I have posted before but this part is new for me. I am now able to exercise on the treadmill at home at 3.1 speed. This is a comfortable walk and usually I am not out of breath and I feel good.
    Today however I get off and stretch a little on my legs and come upstairs and hear my heart beat in my ears - fast of course and then I wonder why it is faster now then when I was on the treadmill and how long before it will go down.

Does anyone experience this and what advise would you be able to offer. I really need to loose weight and keep my anxiety low at the same time.

TT

Re: Fast Heart Rate Fear

I know this is scary hun but with continued practice it does get easier in that you don't seem to worry about the heart rate esculating eventually and can concentrate on just getting fitter.

Love Piglet

Increased heart rate is good for us - gets things moving

Try not to worry.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have recently taken up running in a bid to lose weight and I have a heart rate monitor - my aim is to sustain a heart rate of between 140 - 150 over a 30 min period -as recommended by my sister in law who is a triathelete. A heart rate monitor is a very good piecce of equipment to have when exercising as it does tell you when you are over doing it or even under doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLady View Post
    I have fear of exercising and my heart beating terribly fast. I have posted before but this part is new for me. I am now able to exercise on the treadmill at home at 3.1 speed. This is a comfortable walk and usually I am not out of breath and I feel good.
    Today however I get off and stretch a little on my legs and come upstairs and hear my heart beat in my ears - fast of course and then I wonder why it is faster now then when I was on the treadmill and how long before it will go down.

Does anyone experience this and what advise would you be able to offer. I really need to loose weight and keep my anxiety low at the same time.

TT
    This is something that worries me too. I have been using a treadmill at home for nearly 3yrs now. I don't use it now as often as I used to, but I usually start off at 4mph and increase to either 4.5mph or 5mph, depending on how energetic I feel. At one point I was doing about 4 or 5 miles a day.

Till recently I wasn't even taking note of my heartrate as I just went by the premise that if I could talk whilst on the treadmill then that was fine. I would add here that I never run on the treadmill, I do more of a powerwalk.

However I have also noticed that just doing ordinary things around the house like using the vacuum cleaner or going up and down stairs, well my heart is racing at about 120bpm, which to me seems very high when compared to my resting heart rate of about 60bpm.

I've actually eased off using the treadmill now as I'm worried there is something wrong with my heart

Thread Information