Thread: Worried that something is wrong with my brain.

Worried that something is wrong with my brain.

I feel like nothing is real. My memory isnt working right and I feel like I cant think. I feel lost and confused. I dont understand why I always have to feel like this. I dont know how to be at peace with it because my mind just wants to obsess. I honestly feel like Im slowly losing my mind.

I dont know how to explain it, it doesnt feel like just being afraid of something... Reality itself feels wrong and different.. I have this strange sensation of brain fog and I cant think or feel outside of the current moment.. I cant really describe the confusion and just feeling incredibly off or lost. Ive never felt like this in my life before these last few months..

I am on 50mg of Sertraline for about 4 weeks now.. Some days I feel normal and completely forget.. and then this head weirdness will happen for no reason..

Can it really just be anxiety or should I see a neurologist? Its like the way you feel after you watch a really psychological mind trip type movie that you get emotionally immersed in.. the way you feel afterwards, the strangeness.. its very similar to that, with brain fog.

Re: Worried that something is wrong with my brain.

Had the same.. Just anxiety althought they told me i was in depression.
    Didn't take any pills and I'm okay now.
    You have to know it's just anxiety and nothing more you have to acept it and don't take any pills. Distract yourself do the things you love

i have the same issue, i'm affraid of going insane, i forget(and later remember), i get lost in the moment, i sometimes ask the same question as before and answer it myself...weird.

brain fog and confusion have been the weight on my shoulders for the past 2 yrs, it's not easy to get things to go your way.i too am on sertraline and i am lots better, my doc said once that she saw the change in me as magical.meds help me alot, BUT it takes patience, trusting yourself, reassurence (no matter what CBT says) that you are neurologically ok.

i advice you to keep taking the meds, i felt the REAL difference after 7-8 weeks, try to surround yourself with people who love you and support you and wait for the moment your MIND will tell you what to do about IT !

best of luck ! PM me is you need it

PS : try some vitamins for starters, b complex and magnesium should help.

Hi
    Please don't stop your pills without discussing with your physician.
    People who say don't take pills have good intentions and want to help but the truth is some of us need pills, maybe not forever but for now.
    I need to take my own advice, I hate taking pills.
    Mugs

Quote Originally Posted by LiveAboveIt View Post
    I feel like nothing is real. My memory isnt working right and I feel like I cant think. I feel lost and confused. I dont understand why I always have to feel like this. I dont know how to be at peace with it because my mind just wants to obsess. I honestly feel like Im slowly losing my mind.

I dont know how to explain it, it doesnt feel like just being afraid of something... Reality itself feels wrong and different.. I have this strange sensation of brain fog and I cant think or feel outside of the current moment.. I cant really describe the confusion and just feeling incredibly off or lost. Ive never felt like this in my life before these last few months..

I am on 50mg of Sertraline for about 4 weeks now.. Some days I feel normal and completely forget.. and then this head weirdness will happen for no reason..

Can it really just be anxiety or should I see a neurologist? Its like the way you feel after you watch a really psychological mind trip type movie that you get emotionally immersed in.. the way you feel afterwards, the strangeness.. its very similar to that, with brain fog.
    If there is anything 'wrong with your brain', it's likely to be that it spends too much time snuffling around in the writings of Dr Google, where little wisdom is to be found for the anxious. Best wishes

Thread Information