Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Massive Progress (And Scared)

Welcome back Ross and well done with all you have achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    It was the first time I had ever travelled that distance on my own, and I went to meet someone I had never physically met before, so it was a huge undertaking for me. But I guess the 'want' to accomplish it was greater than the fear.
    Although I haven't been on anywhere near as long a journey as you, I totally agree about 'wanting' to do something more than the 'fear'. I often say I cannot do something but motivation does play a very big role in the difference between what is practically possible for me to achieve and what I am willing to take the risk to try.

Having just come back from the meet up this weekend, right until the last minute I had so many doubts and loads of anxiety - should I drive that far? can I do it? Is it sensible or even reasonable? Then having made the journey (and backed out once on an offer of staying with someone new that I know from this site), I took up her kind offer of staying over last night and I am pleased I did. It is another good friend I have made on this site and another opportunity for our friendship to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Unfortunately, I cant tell you how Im feeling because I can't find the words to explain it. All I can say is its a bloody good feeling.
    Explains it very well to me! We all make our own choices in the end but I believe we can take on board the experiences and learn from others. I certainly am still learning all the time and also feel encouraged and supported in my personal journey.

Karen

Re: Massive Progress (And Scared)

i like what ya said ross..are we fooling ourselves .hmmmmmm makes ya wonder... did me anyways.....that will be in my head now and maybe and hopefully i will think of that when ever i feel the oh shit feeling.........thanks hun good answer to me it was anyways...talk soon i hope........love linda xx

thanks for taking the time to answer... i just have soooo much respect for you... i feel like i could ask you a hundred questions but i'll just leave you to enjoy that "blo*dy good feeling" you're feeling... well done you

Well done Ross

Trac has been keeping me updated

Luv and hugs

Kaz x x x

Welcome Back Ross, and it's great that you seem to have suceeded! Wow!

I don't know what your excact situation is, but would it be possible for you to get a temporary job out there before commiting yourself to permanence? But then you have to think about your situation, as regards accomodation and posessions here in Blighty.

I only say this as you have been agoraphobic and suddenly you find freedom in Texas which must be a great feeling. But to what degree is this influencing your judgement? If you had visited Glasgow or Malta, how much of a temptation would it be to live there and enjoy freedom?

I'm sure you have been Googling on this subject and am sure there are forums there too!

Now get on and enjoy life to the full

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

All I can say Ross is well done mate! I am absolutely astounded by what you have managed to achieve! It's brilliant!!!

If you find a way of working over in America, let me know cos it's my dream to live there also. I don't think I'm brave enough yet, but you have inspired me.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Well done Ross. You're now moving into a brave new world. Good luck.

Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by clickaway View Post
    Welcome Back Ross, and it's great that you seem to have suceeded! Wow!

I don't know what your excact situation is, but would it be possible for you to get a temporary job out there before commiting yourself to permanence? But then you have to think about your situation, as regards accomodation and posessions here in Blighty.

I only say this as you have been agoraphobic and suddenly you find freedom in Texas which must be a great feeling. But to what degree is this influencing your judgement? If you had visited Glasgow or Malta, how much of a temptation would it be to live there and enjoy freedom?

I'm sure you have been Googling on this subject and am sure there are forums there too!

Now get on and enjoy life to the full

Hi Ray. Yep, it's a very valid point, and I think that if I were to have travelled anywhere in the world it would have maybe had the same desired effect.

There were several reasons for travelling to Texas, of which I wont bore you with details, but those reasons aren't in Glasgow or Malta

So, the move isn't based purely on escape from Agora, in fact, thats probably quite low on the list.

Many thanks for your encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegal View Post
    All I can say Ross is well done mate! I am absolutely astounded by what you have managed to achieve! It's brilliant!!!

If you find a way of working over in America, let me know cos it's my dream to live there also. I don't think I'm brave enough yet, but you have inspired me.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx
    I will certainly let you know of the decisions I make with regards to Immigration into the US. There are so many different ways to go about it, and from what I have been told, it can take several months, even years to become fully integrated.

As for not being brave enough, thats exactly how I felt. Don't influence yourself into thinking its currently an impossibility. If you want it, you will do it!

Best Of Luck, and I will keep in touch!

Me xxx

Even though I have already told you thought I would add here how flippin proud I am of you and how pleased everything went sooooo well for you honey

Glad your back for a while though, missed having someone to talk to me at stupid o'clock in the morning while i am working lol

WELL DONE AGAIN

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information