Thread: Newbie in west of Ireland, starting tapering off Mirap

Newbie in west of Ireland, starting tapering off Mirap

Hello, just a quick introduction.

I am in the west of Ireland and my username is a pseudonym.

Been through about 16 years of anxiety, panic, and depression issues and am on a lovely cocktail of SSRi/NSRRI and benzos for over a year. The lack of enjoyment of life and really uncomfortable digestive problems, along with ever-increasing weight, have got me cutting back. My psych. recommending cutting back on Mirap or Ativan, so I am trying Mirap first. Two weeks into tapering down (10% reduction), I was feeling fine, then WHOMP!
    Today, day 15, all the yucky symptoms are hitting - nausea, flu-like shivers, aches, fatigue, all sorts of digestive upset.
    Thankfully I have a very supportive spouse who has just come home and is trying to scavenge a dinner from the contents of the fridge.

I know that I just have to ride the wave on this.

Big hugs to everyone out there.

x

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Sarah Tonyn and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Newbie in west of Ireland, starting tapering off Mirap

Good afternoon Sarah Tonyn. Nice to hear from another "old timer" in the panic/anxiety game. Most everyone introducing themselves here are new to panic. I have been prescribed only a few different medications on my 17+ year journey. First there was Xanax, then for way too many years the emotion killer Paxil, and now I'm on Prozac and Buspar.

I hate hearing about the adverse affects the meds are having on you. When I cold-turkeyed off Paxil (my decision not the doctor's) I had a few weeks of hell on earth. Then years later when adjusting my Prozac, those "adjustments" were no walk in the park. So I understand some of what you maybe feeling. The best part is you seem to have the support of your family.

When I first began this journey through panic/anxiety, I basically walked it alone. Shutting out my wife and never telling my kids the truth. Now after my heart attack last year (don't ask) I finally got my mind right and shared my situation with my family. What I discovered was instead of looking at me as a defective dad, my kids (all grown) have really stepped up and it has allowed me to really make some improvements in my general and mental health.

So congrats on taking steps toward being the best you and congrats to your spouse for being supportive in sickness and in health. Best to you and keep us at NMP up-to-date on how things are going.

Thread Information